1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Kelly Olynyk's Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 27, 2021.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Pay the man!!!

4 years 245? Sounds about right.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

6.25 million a year. That’s a bargain.

raining threes and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

agree Rockets are stupid to even begin with 10m/yr offer

but what if he can be extended for something reasonable? what if he really enjoys teaching young guys and wants to stay for cheap?

something reasonable where he's attractive for another team at the same time value for a good veterance presence for a young team and flexible enough to be traded for when needed

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I would do that but I also think he would be used to make the team mediocre and not just used as that veteran presence guy.

I think Stone and Tillman want mediocre more than they want to rebuild to contender status and I am not up for the after JVG years.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I like how you are worried about us being too good when we are quite literally losing every game with Olynik on the roster

D-rock likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I made that point to somebody else and of course I was talking about getting other guys like Olynyk and not going full youth movement.

How you like that?

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

haha

raining threes likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in his contract he was promised a bonus of 1 million dollar if he plays so and so minutes ...has he reached that trashold yet?

9. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

We can’t forget about this thread

like ever

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He's a little over 400 minutes away from reaching that bonus.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

But but but but didn't you compare Marcus Morris to Carmelo 15 years ago?

They laughed at this trade then. Who's laughing now?

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Dont forget new level, I love that one LOL.

Yes, this trade was still garbage. Kelly is an expiring. He's gonna want to get paid and/or be on a winning team. We traded for Oladipo for no reason, literally anyone worth listening to in the NBA is still calling this trade bad cause it was.

B-Bob and lakersuck2 like this.
  13. Hui

Hui Member

He's actually been impressive so far beyond my expectation! Hope Rockets can keep him on a fair deal

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

We are either resigning him or sign and trading him. He's lightyears better than Oladipo. And Levert.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Why would you think either is going to happen?

B-Bob likes this.
  16. DonatelloLimestone

I hope so. Hes raising his value for sure and I can see a contender really using his versatility, competitiveness, play making ability, shooting. And if we're looking to compete next year, he would be a bright spot. But he is an unrestricted free agent, if the market looks like it did for Montrez Harrel, he could take that high mid level or even more and play for a title. But he has been a pleasant surprise and has shown more of his game than ever here. I hope he likes that.

The whole argument for Levert is that hes 26, he has two more years on his contract. He's been inconsistent and injury prone, but shown flashes where people think in the right system he can be a force. Hes just had 3 great games and shown flashes like last year in the playoffs. The nba economics is a bit wonky, but hes got value. He also gives us a whole lot more time like this off season to find the right deal, oladipo and kelly were expirings that put the backs against our walls to make the deals because they could leave for nothing. Oladipo was worth more, but not when teams could sign him or he could leave in just a couple months. The expiring part is a big, simple factor in value.

D-rock, don grahamleone and HP3 like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

We tried to resign Bricktor too. He's half the player Kelly is and said no to 25M per. We're gonna have to massively overpay to keep him. I don't know exactly how much we can frontload but if we can give him a 3 year contract that's like 30M ,8M, 8M that would be decent.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Olynyk is much better at the 5.

Especially on defense.

20. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

The main reason is that he sucked ass. Which is why we didn't get much for him, but at least we got a player that doesn't suck. And some more draft capital.

Is there any reason we shouldn't have traded Oladipo? I've haven't heard one yet