1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly Olynyk - what to do with him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, May 15, 2021.

?

What should the Rockets do with Kelly Olynyk?

Poll closed May 29, 2021.
  1. Keep him

70 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. Let him walk

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. DonatelloLimestone

He fits great with Silas. He is a solid Vet who is an underrated playmakers and having someone who keeps the system 'flowing' is important for the young guys to pick up. They do need some vets who can play well that can keep the carrot in front of them and also learn different adjustments. If we saw anything from Timmy D's speech, culture, role players, all the guys around you matter and make a difference and shape how you develop both on the court and how you prepare and learn and grow off of it.

Kelly seems great for that. He is 30 showed that stats are a big product of system for a lot of plyers and we found a great fit with him here. We traded a big piece/idea for him, I do think also we should resign him and he should still be tradeable. If Someone goes and gives him 15-20 million, then we just have to swallow it and let him go for nothing. Maybe we pull off the sign and trade. /but if hes there for mid level to 13-15 for 2/3 years. I say we go for it also knowing that last year he is a tradeable expiring asset.

To me he is an asset on the court and to the development of our young guys and culture. Guy was making passes to the cutters, hitting 3s, diving on the ball. Those are things taht we want KPJ, Wood and any rookie to pick up beyond their talents and it is contagious when youply with guys like that and he has some clout since he played with the finals heat team and the young guys can pick his mind about how butler approaches the game, etc just like all the young greats had locker room vets or coaches to tell them how past greats went about it. Development isn't always linear like nba2k, you've got to surround and support it right.

cmoak1982 and rhee like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Found your new VSpan?
    LOL

Rocket River

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I suspect he will chase money.
    Ham and Eggers cannot afford to not. . . ..

Rocket River

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Perhaps, but KO seems like a gym rat who's finally found a team that fits his talents. If I'm him, I'd take a little less cash to play in a system with a team that highlights my talents and allows me to be me.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is 8 yrs in
    He got maybe 5~6 at most left
    This may be his last contract . . ..

Rocket River

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

7. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No give him a 200 million max contract.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is way better than VSPan, but no, I am ok if they decide not to keep him because he gets more money....I would like to see him help develop the young guys, they seem to like playing with him and I like his play.

I think he and Wood would be a nice combo.

My new VSPan is probably Porter Jr.....I want Wall out of here so he can play every game - which is what I wanted with Rafer and Vspan.

DD