1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly Iko: Rockets team to watch for Joel Embiid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Aug 16, 2023.

1. dmoneybangbang

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

upload_2023-8-16_20-52-23.png

lol

Could do it Oct. 5th haha.

But we have Sengun. He will be better than Embiid. Not sure how Embiid would get the minutes and touches he wants.

3. kpdark

kpdark Member

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Early thought is, don't like

Embiid gets injured too much, and our stars need a 1-2 more years of growth to really compete. And I hate losing Sengun.

Good coaching helps accerlerate growth so at least there's that.

#64 Houstunna, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

6. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Who the F*CK cares?!

Are you this obsessed with Sengun that in a thread about Joel Embiid, you're talking about someone not liking Sengun?

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, because Kelly Iko is the same guy who posted an article about starting Bruno freaking Fernando over Sengun and who claimed it was very likely Harden would be back in Houston, etc. It's quite obvious that he is stirring the pot, and that he seems to want to see Sengun in trade rumours.

Also, your entire posting history screams "Rookie". Oh wait...that's what you are. Have a nice day.

Can't play DasouthDakota. Poor boi can't start threads.

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Only if it costs us FVV + Brooks and picks. Embiid is Harden, never shows up when it counts.

Rolliepollie likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Deckard, Ancient Moabite and kpdark like this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

True.

Might have to trade Sengun for Embiid straight up (plus salary filler on our part) - just so that Embiid could get his touches.

Sengone, KPjr, Brooks would work for salary matching.
    Obviously Philadelphia would be taking advantage of Houston in this scenario. We might ask them to throw in multiple first round picks, but even if we couldn't get a pick out of them, I guess I'd do the deal.

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Good gracious you guys are idiots

bumbum09 and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Would be dumb.

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I'd do it depending on how much progress Green makes this year. If Jalen makes that Booker like jump this season, I'd definitely take a flyer on Embiid.

Green
    Jabari
    Embiid

This could be the best big 3 in the league in 2 years. Plus Embiid loves Udoka & I'm sure Hakeem. I can see why he'd want to be here

14. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Imagine trading for a 29- going on 30-year old who averaged less than 63 games played per year over the previous two years, and who has been piling up injuries to the point where the GM and owner were accusing him of faking them and actually suspending him for it?

Imagine thinking that you could build around a known playoff choker who hadn't gotten out of the first round in 5 years, and couldn't even make the playoffs in the most recent year because he was "injured/suspended" during the stretch run.

Imagine the outrage of giving up young, valuable assets for a guy clearly on the downswing of his career, who seemingly was prioritizing his off-court interests such as religion and real-estate over being completely dedicated and available on every game night.

Why would we try and acquire a guy who said the following about his current team, and got his previous coach fired:

"They've attempted to ruin my reputation and blame me. I think there's something more than what we've seen. Their action is very radical. They're saying I'm making demands. That's not true. This has been going on for 2.5 years, it's nothing new."

"There is an old saying in my country, 'Silence is the best answer for a fool. I don't want to get down in the mud with this organization. Everything will come out."

If you're going to trade for such a player, you'd better be damn sure you can win a championship or two in the next 3-4 years, before that player falls off a cliff. Guys don't get better as they hit the wrong side of 30, and you need multiple all-stars to win a championship. Just putting a bunch of role players around a singular dominant player will never work.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Click bait

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

By the time we're any good he's gonna be 32-33, no thanks. As much as i like him, and he's one of the 6-7 guys in the league who truly matter, the time line is WAY off.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get it done Morey
    @J.R.

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member