1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly IKO - Kenyon Martin Jr. Looking for a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Hopefully we just give him the playing time he deserves and this all goes away. If anyone gets traded it should be Tate

2. xaos

xaos Member

I like KMJ but he is an undersized PF who has insane help blocks and at the most will be a backup guy who comes in for energy. They'll be a few here who are severely disappointed in the return we get for him

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

This is wha
    This is what freaking happens when you play EG for 30 meaningless minutes a game in a meaningless season. The Rockets can be real morons at times.

4. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

This is on stone you should have gotten rid of Gorden and wood, This is stone's biggest mistake is not getting rid of guys eating up to much time.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Congrats Silas and Stone.

i hope this is a wake up call to Stone that learning on the job has risks. At least it’s KJ and not someone like Jaygup.

honestly I’d be ok with trading KJ only because he’s pretty much as closed to a finished product as I can tell. He’ll be a nice role player and fringe starter in the league

Bo6, saleem, KingSamJack and 2 others like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

People who raise farm animals know when the mother has too many young's, she might exclude the weakest from being fed.

KJ actually contributed well off the bench. But such as life. Rockets is probably forced to make hard decisions sooner than later.

Is Stone going to put his foot down or is Rockets still playing nice sending players out to their preferred destination.

#46 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    Deckard and D-rock like this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

A second round draft pick on a rookie contract. Give me a break.

8. BonziWellsGOAT

Schroeder was too?

True Rocket and saleem like this.
  9. BonziWellsGOAT

I think he should have been starting but he's a second year second round pick getting regular PT. This is insanity. Everybody demands trades now

MadMax likes this.
  10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't think you can win with KPJ as your lead guard. In regards to Sengun, I thing in a league of space, his footspeed and athleticsim is a issue. You have to really put certain players around him that can really cover for him. He can work on footspeed, he has great awarness, but he's a small 6'9 ish . Teams will just keep him in pnr and consistently keep the team in a defensive bind. One thing I do like about him, I feel like you can kinda run some off you offense through him. If he improves his footspeed, I can see him being a core piece.

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He can kick rocks really... any other place he goes will he will be benched or played in a worst situation then what he's in now.

ashleyem, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  12. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

what did Schroder do? he was only here for a few months?

13. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

This report is strange to me, mainly because I think he had great chemistry with Green, Sengun and Christopher...Maybe KPJ really is that big of a distraction.

KJ is undersized, but he plays with great energy and intensity, and generally good things happen when he's on the court.

That said, if he really wants out We should let him go. At his best he's a 6th-7th man, even if he improves his shooting and perimeter D.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

No doubt he should have gotten more minutes ..but comon, requesting a trade after your second NBA season and btw you were picked by the Rockets in the 2nd round, give me a fricken break

I see his dad pushing this, and that could turn out to be really bad or really good for him..we'll see

ashleyem, hakeem94, mikol13 and 8 others like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Cleaning up your mess.
    (Popeye laugh: ah-KUH KUH KUH KUH KUH)

D-rock and Nook like this.
  16. BonziWellsGOAT

Kpj obviously has talent. That's clearly not his issue. Nice strawman you got there

slothy420 and Yung-T like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has well outperformed where he was drafted and realizes he needs or will get playing time elsewhere - and that is how you develop.

Can't blame a man for doing what is right for his own career.

DD

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you'll change your mind....partly because you are looking at it in the wrong way.

The reason KPJ is a perfect fit with Green is that not only can KPJ create for himself and others, he can also play off ball. Basically he can benefit the team in numerous different roles at any given moment. The hope is that Green develops into something of a combo guard himself.....meaning there won't be a "lead guard", there will be 2 guards and potentially two big men that can all run the offense on any given possession. That's considerably more difficult to stop than having a traditional "lead guard"

As to the idea that Sengun is a liability on defense....well LOL, I just reject that outright. I think you'll come around on that one too, especially when he's no longer an 18 year old kid forced to be the sole big on a team full of absolutely terrible defenders and having to constantly make up for them.

19. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I normally don't dog on Stone or Silas but this is on them this is a major fail on them to fail to give KMJ playtime both years he was here, But if he doesn't want to be here just trade him we can pick up Roy Harper JR

BMoney, FrontRunner, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Schroder has been a locker room problem everywhere he's been. I'd be more surprised if he ever WASN'T a locker room problem.