1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly Dwyer takes low blow at rockets legends

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis 4 ever, Oct 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I thought it was legendary how the Iso offense turned me from a rabid Rockets fan into someone who used games to fall asleep.

Thanks for bringing me back, Yao.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

You calling them legends is an insult to our franchise.

Those two held our team back for so many years, it was Rockets basketball at its worst.

Good riddance to both and the joke was hilarious.

3. Saado

Saado Member

I don't see how this is insulting at all? He didn't call them bench players. He just referred to them as fans who want an unobstructed view.

4. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Hey I didn't know that Boozer was a Rockets legend?!

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Look at how cute they look together.

I want to see them do a Taco Bell commercial.

6. Francis 4 ever

I'm glad someone is intelligent.

7. conquistador#11

francis4ever is moochie norris..duh! :p

8. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

lol now Yao is on the front page

[​IMG]

9. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

haha. yao is asleep and sitting down. what else can they make him do to not block the view?

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

KD has got to be laughing somewhere. well played, Kelly, well played.

this must be your way of conceding that you made a mistake on the Top 10 Center List of the Decade!! ;)

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Our bench players used to stand until our starters scored the first bucket on the court. It seldom happened in the 08 season but I am pretty sure it was a regular routine in 07 season.

I like the spirit a lot but I guess the league thinks otherwise.

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I know I'm tired of seeing 7ft 6 centers on the bench.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Haha I love Cat and Steve and I thought this was hilarious. I think it was a subliminal Clutchfans shout out from KD. Its true though, I see these guys at a lot of sporting events.

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Boozer is so ugly.

15. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

People who have no idea how journalism works should probably stay out of the business of criticizing it.

A writer writes the article, gamer, column, list, whatever. The editor then edits it.

The page designer or editor than decides where it's going on a website, magazine, newspaper page, and what the photo is going to be. What the caption is going to be.

I had nothing to with that caption, or that photo. I don't have anything to do with any of the captions or photos that end up on the NBA front page, the front page overall, or Yahoo.com itself.

And the people that think that I have specific fan bases in mind when I write -- don't flatter yourselves. I have 30 teams to write about. I could give a **** about your Rockets, or your Bucks, or your Lakers, or your Magic.

The reason I post at a Rockets forum is because I signed up for this site nearly a decade ago, under a different name, because it was the only place to go for cogent, smart, NBA back and forth.

I think that's changed quite a bit.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Don't even bother responding to such a r****ded thread. Most of us here thought it was trash. That's why after several days most of the responses (at least from people older than 16) are critical of it.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol it was a joke to begin with. so many people getting their thongs bunched up. i don't blame you guys. i hate sarcasm in text.

18. Possum

Possum Member

Yeh unlike the thread stater.

Couldnt agree more. This used to be a great place to have intelligent NBA discussion. Now its overloaded with smart ass no it alls that dont have a clue. Clutch needs to goto a rating system that allows us to ignore people with bad ratings.

19. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

You can ignore anyone you want. Go up to "User CP" on the top menu, click it, and one of your options is "Buddy/Ignore Lists".

20. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Any interest in apologizing or admitting that you were wrong? Or are you too daft?