1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly Dwyer on the trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Invisible Fan, Aug 13, 2010.

1. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

yea i know what u mean . thanx for the welcome lol :grin:

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hah, some of us were ahead of the Wizard when we signed him...lol.

DD

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I thought it was a poor signing, but I really didn't expect Ariza to be that bad.

I thought after watching Artest there couldn't possibly be a player taking worse shots.

I was wrong.

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha How couldn't anyone not follow you? Every thread has you in it homie with the same message. Gotta get over yourself sooner or later homie... People like you are a dime a dozen....

I'm not worthy DD... I'm not Worthy...

[​IMG]

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Walt Williams?

6. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Do you think that Morey learnt this offseason how valuable TE's are and realised that even with all the great assets he had accumulated that TE's are sometimes the deciding factor in trades and that he needed one to get a bigger trade done in the future? Especially since team like Utah fleeced another team just because they had a large TE.

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He will go from starting averaging 30+ mpg to a backup role, a lot of guys can't handle that. Adelman is going to have to find him minutes at the 3 to keep him happy, between Martin starting and Adelman going small with Brooks/Lowry, Lee is not going to get enough minutes at SG.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thanks.

;)

DD

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Signing Ariza enabled the Rockets to trade for Courtney Lee.

Would you rather have nothing now instead of Courtney Lee?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Ariza is a good role player. A good role player could be traded for something of value, if he didn't fit with the Rockets. The contentious part about this trade is the value of Lee. Some people are not sold. We'll see if this is Lowry part 2.

12. LScolaDominates

This is actually a really important point, and shows why Dwyer is off in his analysis. Ariza is on a good contract, making it relatively easy to move him. So while it may be difficult to include Ariza in a trade with a team looking to dump salary, Morey can simply ship him out for a TPE, which is a much more useful asset in such a scenario.

13. pass_to_Hakeem

best way to see how this trade works out , will be when the season starts and we get to see Lee play in a Rocket's uniform, ...and when the trade deadline nears or even before ...and we go after a big name player. Other than that , everything else is speculation. Lee had a decent rookie season on a pretty good Orlando team, they traded him or included him in a trade for Carter, so that kinda says a little about the guy . He then had a not so good year in New Jersey, but then again WHO DID on that team? >..best thing to do is just wait and see how he plays in Houston ..

14. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

We gave up the Ariza from the end of last season, when we had Martin, not the Ariza from the beginning of the season. I think he would've fit in well with Martin and Yao. The key is in the money savings and the improved chance to land a good player. I'll only like this trade if it ends up yielding something better than what it has so far.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's the bottom line,for me too.

16. MattM

MattM Member

Our bench will be locking teams down

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Exactly, haters will be haters. Now, Kobe will be leaking his chops when they face the Rockets as he can score at will with Batman defending him. The latter was perfect as a backup. As a starter, having lost more than one step, Battier is just not that good anymore.

Make no mistake, Lee is a downgrade trade, made to save a bunch of tax dollars.

18. houtexan

houtexan Member

I think the Trade Exception will be very important for this team. It is the only way to trade for value (our value guys have small contracts) for a high value guy with a big contract. If it's a semi-salary dump from the other team there is no way to do it unless you have TE. Sure, Battier and JJ is expiring but it's even better to have a TE. I think.

I don't know how good C Lee is but if Morey was tracking him down for years I am all for him being on this team. Morey makes more good moves then bad so I would reserve judgment on C Lee until he plays.

Also, people alway forget how Battier plays defense. He funnels his man to the paint, where the big massive center was suppose to help out. Last year, it was Hayes (FAIL) for that type of defensive. Watch, with a healthy Yao or even Miller playing, Battier's defensive will look better again. Mr. Intangables is not going away and now he will be a starter again, much better than bench player. Just like Ariza was better next to Martin. Now if Chase get's so good as to take the starting position, then this was an absolute steal of a trade.

1 person likes this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

And the only reason we were able to sign Ariza was because of the injury exception we received from Yao's injury, right?

So no Yao pain = no Lee gain.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Ariza did do a really good job defending Kobe. That's what he most impressed me with last year.