1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly Dwyer on the trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Invisible Fan, Aug 13, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Its a good comparison because they are both backup SG's that aren't playmakers. They're FG% says the same too.

2. adoo

adoo Member

actually, had there been a demand for an unathletic and S-L-O-W 3, more probably, Rox would have dumped Battier,

the younger, more atheletic and versatile Ariza has more trade value.

the tandem of Ariza and Budinger at the 3 spot is much more formidbable than the Battier and Budinger combo

3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reeko... Come on man... I do agree people need to relax on Lee but he's nothing like Luther....

But you're right though... The saving and the TPE are huge for this upcoming season. Just based on Morey's interview with 610, the TPE is what he really wanted. He spoke that if the right deal came, he would make a deal.

4. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

If he is better than Luther Head, does that mean he may actually hit .25 FG% in the playoffs?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wrong.

DD

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

No he didnt...whether you think he was telling the truth or not... He explicitly stated that this was done primarily as a basketball move. That they have been scouting lee for a long time and trying to acquire from each team hes been on. So they jumped at the opportunity to accquire him.

Makes since if he has the upside lowry had and contributes beyond his value and is the best back SG in the leauge like lowry is the best back up PG in the leauge... They said they would do this deal even without the financial benefits involved.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Troy Murphy looks just like the horse from Cinderella.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I can't believe people are so wrong about Ariza after seeing him play with Martin.

the guy was out of his role at the beginning of the season. it can't be anymore simple

9. megastahr

Ya i dont know what you consider better...Budinger is a far superior play maker/ score than ariza and battier is far better defensive stopper.

I like the idea of being able to mix high quality scorer or a defender at the 1 to 3 spots as they see fit...something like brooks, lee, battier or lowry, martin, budiger or even lowry, lee, martin...lots of options/missmatches now.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What are you talking about? It's his opinion. Plus, you have no room to talk after the Von Wafer & VSpan debacle you pulled.

You're in lala land, DD. You've disagreed with DM countless times. I always see you questioning posters' fanhood like you're the biggest Rockets fan of all-time or something :rolleyes:

And no.. the Rockets decided that this was a good way of saving a lot of money and gotta decent pickup while they were at it.

#30 sammy, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  11. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I just wish the season already started....

12. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

LOL I remember when he was trying to defend his position against David Nuno on the radio. He came back in the board and tried it again for only Nuno to say something back.

I don't know DD... You're starting to slip bud.

13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Fixed...just sayin

14. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

In the regular season that may be great....but in the playoffs you want a tighter rotation. Its why you see starters start to average 5-10 minutes more in the playoffs.

I also question Rick's ability to use his rotation because there has been times, people on our bench has been ballin and they get yanked or his use of minutes (in the beginning of the season he was playing Ariza almost 38 minutes a game) or his stupid Rotation minutes with Yao (the whole 1st quarter + 2-3 minutes in the 2nd quarter)

15. megastahr

how can you say that...everyone said that about lowry and alston...morey said it was a basketall move...they not only felt like lowry was a better player than alston but that brooks was better than both...

Maybe the feel the same way about lee...and budinger.

The point is...we wont know till we start the season...and i think battier tutoring lees defense...martin working with him on offense and adlemans system... we very likely could see a hybrid of hamilton/prince ... thats a lofty expectation but ... its feasible.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's hard to say that Ariza's signing was a mistake when you could flip him for a cheaper player. This is only a conjecture and I don't want to sound like I am defending Morey.

Who knows if Morey knew Ariza on an MLE contract would be an easy sell on the trade market. Maybe Morey had known that even if Ariza didn't work out with the Rockets, he would have no problem finding takers for an athletic defender who can hit the 3, not to mention Ariza's performance in last years' Finals.

17. DaDakota

1. I was disagreeing with his opinion.

2. I am

:grin:

DD

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This is where I disagree.

I feel like if Morey really wants this trade to make sense to the fans (at least all of them), he needed to say we got the trade exception and we will be using it to bring in another player.

Without that clarity this trade just comes off as reckless.

19. DaDakota

Don't know wtf you are talking about, I talk with Nuno on the radio all the danged time.

DD

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Ya so why couldn't we trade Ariza for an upgrade *Starter* vs bench player and extra Cash.

This is why I am pissed, if teams wanted him and yet this is the best deal we got.........

I hope there is something else brewing....because if that's it....we got smacked in the ass.