1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kellerman] Rockets just got worse, not better, with the addition of Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 8, 2018.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Which is why flipping Anderson for a Bazemore, MKG/Marvin williams type is key. I suspect we are holding for the former but try to make the latter deal with Charlotte if we cant. Replacing LMM, Anderson, and Ariza with Ennis, Williams, MKG, and Melo isnt a bad move. Especially if you can get a vet wing during buyout season or if one of the rookies plays well.

2. valorita

valorita Member

Hm.

SAS is much more palatable on paper than when you actually hear him talk.

Reading his dictation makes the person sound intelligent and less obnoxious.

3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It's not about 'believable'. It's about creating controversy. The more controversy for them, the better. So, yes, they purposely ignore things that get in the way of that...because that just adds to the controversy.

NOTHING they say is designed for critical analysis. it's designed to generate an emotional response. EIther you agree, and think its the smartest thing you ever heard (good for them), or you disagree, and it makes you angry or think they are dumb-asses (also good for them).

IvanLCPM and pippendagimp like this.
  4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I just remember everyone last year around the same time saying the Thunder would run with GS and then they bottomed out. Now that Melo has a actual PG he will be worse for Houston?

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If Melo gets around 26-30 min/game, which is what it's projected to be right now, he'll certainly score more than 10 pts/game. Also, his ego was able to handle signing here for the minimum, so I really don't think it's as big of an issue as people are trying to make it out to be.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Melo is technically replacing Ariza in the starting lineup. Most of his minutes will be ones that Ariza got. So defensively, the Rockets will be worse when Melo is on the floor. But they'll be better offensively. Even declining Melo is better than Ariza at that end of the floor.

Ennis is replacing Luc in the rotation. I don't think we'll see too much of a dropoff there. Luc is better defensively. Ennis is better offensively. Ennis is also 4 years younger and doesn't have a bum shoulder.

Green is filling the same role he did last season, only this time the Rockets will have him the entire year. Green would've been useful in a few of those losses in the first couple months of the season last year when the team was without CP3 and a few other players.

The jury's still out on what MCW and Melton can contribute. But at least the Rockets have those options on the bench.

I don't see the decline in the roster that our wiser superiors in the media do. To me, this is a lateral move at worst. I think they're far overrating the impact of Ariza. He was not the same defensive player as in years past and he was frustratingly inconsistent at the offensive end. I lost count of how many of those pump-fake, step-to-the-side 3-pointers he would always brick.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Coming into a better system of basketball, replace Anderson whom didn't do much of anything for us. We replaced Ariza with a younger defender. Yeah, let's keep going on about becoming "worst".

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

YEAH BABY!!!

J.R. likes this.
  9. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Ummm yeah cp3 and harden have 1 yr experience playing together under their belt ...this gives more of an advantage than other variables that account as disadvantages and that lead to more losses ....imo

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

media conspiracy

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

well technically he didn't sign for just the minimum by itself like IT for example. otherwise it defeats the purpose of being bought out. he's getting his 20+ mil salary so not much of an ego being put to the side in that sense.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

We need a new “Is Melo fat?” thread, with a poll.

I.D.I.O.T.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

As a team this remains to be seen. remember all the shots melo will command is taking these away from the likes harden/cp3 and amongst others. if he continues to be incredibly inefficient then yeah the offense takes a decline as well, even though melo is this better offensive player than ariza. Comparing just the two isn't saying much as far as the actual team goes. Ariza had a certain role to fill. Melo's role is different. Which is why the rockets still need to find a replacement for ariza to maintain that continuity that worked so well.

Zboy likes this.
  14. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

YYAASS MAX YYAASS, we are going to come back to this thread at the middle of the season to see how much max will change just like last year. Melo have never played with a MVP and point god at the same time. First time i will agree with SAS.

15. bratna8

bratna8 Member

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

chucker’s gonna chuck

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

There’s only 1 ball.... this won’t work.
    :rolleyes:

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m wondering the same thing...there will be a lot of games he doesn’t get many shots

we got Harden, CP3, and Ego who all deserve shots over him

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's westbrooks fault!

harden/cp3 are going to change him!!

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

So Melo’s coming off the bench then?