1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kellen Winslow is an...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by drapg, Nov 8, 2003.

1. drapg

drapg Member

ass.

Associated Press

MIAMI -- Miami tight end Kellen Winslow lashed out at Southeastern Conference officials Saturday, saying they targeted him during Tennessee's 10-6 win over the Hurricanes.

Winslow caught seven passes for 88 yards but had a costly 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct in the fourth quarter.

Winslow said his helmet was ripped off on the 22-yard reception, but said he was penalized for taking off his helmet.

"I hate refs," Winslow said, his voice raised in the locker room. "They were looking at me the whole time. I can't even get hyped up after a play. I can't even get my crowd hyped up."

Winslow has been penalized several times this season for taunting opponents, including one last week against Virginia Tech.

"I talked to our team during the week and talked to them before the game," coach Larry Coker said. "I told them this was an SEC crew and they are strong in calling celebration penalties and will call it."

Miami finished with 12 penalties for 121 yards.

Winslow's penalty cost the Hurricanes significant field position in the fourth quarter while trying to take the lead. They overcame Winslow's mistake, but the drive ended when Brock Berlin was sacked and fumbled.

Berlin also threw two interceptions. He has 14 interceptions and three fumbles this season.

Winslow said the Hurricanes need to make changes on offense, but he stopped short of calling for a new quarterback.

"It's up to the head man," Winslow said. "He'll do the right thing."

Winslow refused to comment on whether the Hurricanes had lost faith in Berlin.

Winslow has 51 catches for 527 yards this season, but has spent much of the season calling for the ball more often - especially near the end zone. He has just one touchdown.

The son of NFL Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow Sr., the younger Winslow made several big plays against the Volunteers, including a 21-yard catch on third-and-20 in the third quarter. But he also fumbled once, dropped a pass in the end zone and had the penalty.

He recovered his third-quarter fumble, but the Hurricanes were forced to punt. Trailing 10-3 in the second quarter, Miami had a chance to tie the game on the final play of the half, but Winslow dropped Berlin's deep pass in the end zone.

He took some of his frustration out on the Vols with a hard-hitting block that knocked Corey Campbell to the ground and briefly out of the game.

Winslow nearly got flagged for standing over and taunting a shaken Campbell.

"It's war," Winslow said. "They're out there to kill you, so I'm out there to kill them. We don't care about anybody but this U. They're going after my legs. I'm going to come right back at them. I'm a ... soldier."

The quotes in his post game press conference were much, much worse.

2. drapg

drapg Member

D'oh!

That should read "Kellin Winslow Jr. is an..."

My apologies.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Sure, some of his quotes sound bad, but he just sounds like a gamer to me. I think he'll have just as good of a rookie year as Shockey. That's who this whole article reminded me of anyways.

4. drapg

drapg Member

5. Two Sandwiches

HAHAHAHAHA

After watching the video I take back what I said. I guess he is just so used to winning he just has to find a scapegoat. Did he actually say, "I don't give a hell."?

Thanks for the laugh.:D

6. mduke

mduke Member

Ya know, I've always thought Roy Williams was a prima donna....but he doesn't even compare to Winslow. What an arrogant ass.

7. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I liked WInslow until he opened his mouth. He said I'm a soldier. Dude, you're not a soldier, you're a football player, watch half of your regiment die in combat and then you can say you are a soldier. Ass.

8. drapg

drapg Member

I guess you mean our R.W.

Why? :confused:

9. junglerules

junglerules Member

I can't rationalize anything he did or said during or after the game, but that penalty was BS. He was tackled, and the defender ripped off his helmet, yet Winslow was called for the 15 yard penalty.

HUH?!?!?!?!?

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

He should have backed his QB instead of just avoiding the question and saying no comment. That was pretty messed up

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I bet he would look good in a Texans uniform.

12. drapg

drapg Member

Hell no he wouldn't.

13. Two Sandwiches

Besides, we have Miller AND Joppru. Unless he's gonna play Wide Reciever in the NFL, which I highly doubt, we have no use at all for him.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Exactly.

I love how ESPN is playing this up to be a big deal and not even talking about how a Va Tech O-Lineman cheapshotted Miami DTs Santonio Thomas and Orien Harris. He hurt them bad enough that neither was able to play. Yet, you never hear about that because they are NOT Miami, hmmmm.

And you would be frustrated too, if you were the best player on your team and your QB had stats of 9 TDs and 14 INTs, stats that would get you benched even on the worst of teams like Rice, Vanderbilt, Duke, etc. It shows me that at least he cares about winning and doesn't like the fact they have lost 2 games in a row despite outgaining both teams in total yardage.

15. Manny Ramirez

Yea, you want him in a Titans uniform!:p

16. drapg

drapg Member

I've been waiting for you Manny. (in my best Oracle voice)

Does that give him the right to say he was trying to hurt the Tennessee's man? Even you have to admit that was classless and typical.

17. drapg

drapg Member

Not in a million years.

18. Manny Ramirez

No offense, but I don't believe you. Too bad that you are not a NFL GM because every other GM would like to deal with you.

19. Manny Ramirez

WTF?? Typical?? Dude, what are you trying to imply?

I am not going to argue with someone who is already narrow-minded and close-minded about this. Bye.

20. drapg

drapg Member

You don't have to believe me. I have no reason to lie. I wouldn't want a personality like that in my locker room. Plain and simple. Let other GM's put up with the headaches.