1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep your heads up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Apr 21, 2013.

1. hltiki

hltiki Member

Excellent thread!

I think it was a combination of lack of half-court offensive plays, lack of adjustments, and lack of heart by very all. And to be brutally honest, lack of athleticism; but also, it really is just the lack of experience. As the old guys say, "youngin b youngins."

But I think this, like all things, is a great learning experience for the young team. The Rockets, the youngest and least experienced team in every way shape or form, just experienced for the first time the immense pressure of the playoffs, the power of a synchronized and pumped up home crowd, and the full strength of a championship team.

If I have seen anything from the Rockets players this season, it's the assurance through evidence and stats that there is an exponential increase in holistic growth.

Be patient Houston; the Thunder have put in their time (3 years now compared to the Rockets' close to first year) and become better over time, and it is now the Rockets' turn to do the same.

2. nomangame

nomangame Member

To know that there are such fans around, with the right mindset, makes me a happy clutchfan :cool:

I can never thank you guys enough :grin:

After all, let's just enjoy the play-off ride while it lasts

3. hltiki

hltiki Member

Agreed,

it is nice to know that not all have succumbed to the dark side, the abyss of self-pity and self-loathing.

4. nono

nono Member

Just show some fight please. Make it close and don't play scared. That is all I'm asking.

5. hahachui

hahachui Member

Game two will not be a blow out
    I trust my players

6. just a word

just a word Member

Agreed. What did people expect going into this series? Were they even paying attention to the massive hole at PF? With how incredibly young the team is?

7. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Last night was the first playoff game for most of them..I'll take that:)

#47 edlkf, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  8. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Our boys should hold their head up high. Its been a great year, ups and doens and all. Will be even better next year. #RedNation!!

9. sean joh

sean joh Member

this is a breath of fresh air thread to read.
    this is not the time to be panic or why should we?
    not unexpected. It's ugly and it should be.
    btw, anyone knows are there any other good atmosphere Houston Rockets forums besides clutchfans.net? ("good atmosphere" =rich contents of inside team's news, real basketball discussion....)

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Mistake is on me, I will have to return my broom.

11. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Dude, get lost. This is suppose to be a positive thread in support of our team and you turn it into a negative. Jeremy Lin, like most of our players, have a ton of room to improve. They can get better with time. Don't need your crap, or others like you, to post trash against our team or players.

12. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

And thank you for pointing out the truth.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

hey, it's 4 games. Maybe we can start a different PF every game.

seems like attacking Perkins/Ibaka with Greg Smith ain't working. Maybe try a mobile PF in DMo

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Good thread, I'm not usually one for moral victory threads but in this case we do need to calm down and realize this was very likely to happen. In case our young team had any dellusions that they were anywhere near OKC level than this could serve as a wake up call for how much better we truely need to get in order to do anything in the west. Also the first game of the series is the best one to get blown out in because there is 3 games left and again, it's a wake up call. Not that the team actually thought it would be easy but they may not have realizes how out matched they actually were and can hopefully come in even more focused and prepared come Wed.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Getting waxed 4-0 could mean that Mchale is out. That's better than nothing.

16. jocar

jocar Member

No sir, not in this thread you don't.

**BANNED!**

K who else wants some imaginary ban?

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is so awesome. :grin:

Imagine the speech by Gibson in Braveheart.

We have but another 3 minutes to live. Those arrows will come raining any second and most of you will soon look like a mutilated porcupine, but let's fight, men, fight!

LOL.

18. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

This season ended when they blew the 7 seed @phx and @lal.

That being said I can't believe all the knee-jerk to the game last night. We're not favored, and every other team in the NBA wouldn't be outside of the Heat (and maybe Spurs and Knicks).

So many positives to take away this season.

Harden's potential (if he gets healthy, yes he's playing hurt, yes he might have surgery in the off season)

Lin's potential (compare his stats with other great pgs in the past 10 years, his 2nd year numbers are better)

Asik's potential (if he can get some handle's he's a 15-12 guy)

Parson's potential (if he can become a lockdown defender, he's the next andre igoudala)

Beverley (not sure if he's under contract, but an excellent backup who knows his role)

Jones/Dmo/Trob/smith (all have different skill sets and good upside)

The core and even the 2nd level core of this team should get a lot of panties wet, instead of knit-picking the smallest details in someone's game.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i'm excited for this wednesday's game. i'm sure these guys are gonna come out the gate shooting!

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

sorry to be bringing this back, but man, tonight proved to me that we can run with this elite OKC team

mchale did great with coaching; harden beasted...small things to fix, but man, PATRICK FREAKING BEVERLEY rocked the show tonight...i was laughing the whole game, because he was pissing off russell so much..

on to houston for big games...i am pumped..

IMAGINE..if this team practiced together over the summer...