1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep JB Bickerstaff!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown4life420, Apr 14, 2016.

1. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Seriously, we had so way more injuries last year but ended up the number 2 seed. D-mo alone should not be the lone cause of our fall to a .500 team or our ****ty defense.

Also, please justify playing Brewer?

2. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

OP is an idiot

3. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

The rockets gave Corey a 3-year, $23 m contract. JB needs to find a way to maximize his minutes. You don't pay someone that big just to sit on the bench all game long. Don't blame JB, blame that nerd Moaray.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You're looking at a small scale. Again, refer to what JVG discussed in a broadcast.

Considering the DRAMA in the locker room, the cliques, the dysfunction, JB held it together.

YOu may not like the rotations, and I especially disliked the Beasley minutes, along with Smoov and getting the ball to Dwight, but JB is bred for the game. It was his first year coaching a team with NO identity.

We're just going to disagree. I see your perspective as a fan, but I know the cut throat environment in coaching firsthand. JB did what he needed to do. The rest is on the players.

One day, JB is going to be a great coach. I'll bet you with the TipJar.

More than likely, you''re frustrated with CB's minutes and our record, but all things considered, along with the HORRENDOUS/NO IDENTITY of Kevin McHale, JB did a good job.

I'm not in the minority, perhaps on this board, but NUMEROUS basketball coaches with credibility in the NBA would tell you the same.

JB isn't the problem: It's the cliques, the egos and the indifference towards the amazing season James put together.

The other issue is our offense. It's flawed. That's not on JB. That's MGMT.

Corey Brewer plays a lot because he's a fighter with non-stop energy, even with the missed shots. Name more than 6 other guys who do that. I'm not his biggest fan, but I get the idea.

Your thinking of incompetence towards JB is unwarranted. He's made errors, but he's also tried things differently than McHale could ever come up with.

He's worked with what he has, and he pushed us into the playoffs, even though a tough 8th spot.

Thibs is my first choice, but JB will grow and his RESUME proves his intelligence towards the game.

It's like putting my guy Thunder on the Rockets during turmoil. What would you expect?

YOu need chemistry and JB didn't have that control.

Unfortunately, our chemistry is derived in cliques. Have you noticed who sits together? Who doesn't speak on the bench? Our guys aren't a family.

The closest guys are D12/KJ. Then, you have James, Jason and Beas. Finally, Trevor /Clintand Smoov. (Smoov and D12 lost a great deal of friendship when he went to LAC). Poor DMo talks to whomever speaks with him.

JB isn't the blame for our problems. It's the players, the execution and a poor offense designed for threes and layups. Beas is fresh air. You need a mid-range game to compete in this league. If we didn't shoot so poorly from beyond, our record may have been different.

JB isn't my guy, but he sure as hell isn't a scrub and mgmt has said so. They'll evaluate him and I'm sure he'll be coaching in some way next season, here or elsewhere.

1 person likes this.
  5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

nah, if we beat GS, we keep JB, if not, JB leaves , it's that simple

6. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

You'd think he was dealing with alot of injuries as many minutes Brewer got this season.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good reasoned post on JBB, but why do we need to stick these old cliches?

Golden State has little to no reliance on the midrange game and just put up the greatest season in NBA history.

But "they need a mid-range game to compete in this league"

Roughly 21-22% of Golden State's shots came from 10 feet to the 3 point line this season.

That's near the bottom of the league with the Rockets (15%) Sixers (19%) Pistons (22%) Cavs (21%). League average was 26%.

Also interesting note - the Rockets in 2014-15 shot only 11% of their shots from mid range, Golden State shot 25%

#67 SamFisher, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Cant believe there's people out there that want to keep JB.. Its just crazy..
    the guy is a Disciple of Mchale- if you fire your head coach- hes assistants
    should usually follow, because they basically have the same plan in mind.

also have you seen this guys rotations.. He preferred to play Brewer on
    a hurt elbow- than play Beasley any minutes against Timber-wolves.
    Granted they won that game, but really....

If a guy gets Hot for 2-3 minutes in a QTR- hes guaranteed to sit
    the bench for a while (although weird- this really happened plenty of times)

Hell no- you cannot keep him

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I'm reporting this thread

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

One the dumbest bread ever... It makes clutchfans look bad. Please quit posting dumb ass threads.

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

12. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

When someone disagree with your opinion than he/she is an idiot or a troll. #JBBFTW

13. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I thought we should have fired him during the all-star break. Oh, and I still think we should have fired him during the all-star break.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

16. alethios

alethios Member

I've said it before - I think JBB can be a good maybe even a great coach in the future, but he needs to be mentored by a great coach and be able to work with a solid winning culture and a system that works for the players he has.

I'd keep him on as an assistant coach because I think he's earned some loyalty from the Rockets FO.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No.

Plus necessary characters.

18. RESINator

RESINator Member

We do not have time wasting Harden's prime on a rookie coach who "may" get it in the future.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this..should be automatic with all rockets fans but its not. les and morey are rockets fans..i am a wee bit concerned about the offseason.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

alright OP, we'll keep him if we win the chip this year as 8th seed.