1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep it up Battier, keep it up!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by gettinbranded, Jun 12, 2001.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Bat is really impressing folks: look at nbatalk today and bskball.com yesterday for their reports.

As a Bulls fan, I LIKE this. I hope he impresses himself right into the top three. That would mean that Griff, Curry or Brown will fall to us.

------------------

2. rocketsfan

rocketsfan Member

Have you taken time to think that the Bulls might be picking for another team with the #4 pick? Oh I don't know let's just say for the sake of argument the Rockets. [​IMG]

------------------
    take it one day at a time

3. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I hope he does go to Atlanta third.

Lets see:

1. Griff
    2. Curry
    3. Bat
    4. Brown

Krause won't trade Griff, Curry or Brown if he gets his hands on them unless a superstar is coming back.

------------------

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

You think Brown can play center?

------------------

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Its the east , even Kenny Thomas can play center in the east.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

He'll play 3. Thats the position he wants to play.

------------------

7. tacoma park legend

hmmm, a 6'11 small forward with average dribbling skills and a shot that only goes out about 18 feet. Sounds like another failed Krause experiment waiting to happen. Didn't I hear the Bulls say the same things about Fizer last year, that he could play the 3?

------------------

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Cato can be a superstar

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

Smegs Mock Draft

9. Stickfigure

Stickfigure Member

Move over, Benoit Benjamin! [​IMG]

------------------

10. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

You just described Darius Miles too. But you would you like him in pinstriped PJ's, wouldn't you??

He can play all three front court positions. With Brand there, he'd spend most of his time (he's only 17) LEARNING the 3 and some 5 .

------------------

11. tacoma park legend

Kwame Brown isn't a 3, and he isn't Darius Miles. They are very different players. For one, Miles was never a post up player, whereas Brown was. If the Bulls intend on drafting Brown I hope the selection isn't based on his ability to play small forward because it won't be much of a selling point.

Darius Miles is lightyears ahead of Brown when it comes to the open court game. He's like a gazelle out there.

And the last thing the bulls need is another project, so it isn't exactly wise of them to pick somebody who is going to have to "learn" a new position.

------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited June 12, 2001).]

12. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I'll quote clutchcity.net:

Kwame Brown would be a highly, highly, highly endorsed pick here at ClutchCity.net. He won't come in and dominate right away, but he has the potential to be an All-Star in 3-4 years. Big and versatile enough to play 3 positions, and all three (SF, PF, C) are needs of the Rockets.

Nice, eh?

------------------

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'll quote Jerry Krause, "Management wins championships."

Wow, look where that lack of "management" has led them without MJ...

3 years of arguably being the worst team in NBA history...

You would think that by law of averages that Chi would be decent by now, but they still suck...

Go figure...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

14. tacoma park legend

There's a difference between being able to guard 3's and being successful offensively as a 3. Kwame can guard 3's but he won't pose any kind of a threat offensively IMO from that position.

Kevin Garnett can play the 3,4,or 5 but he matches up with power forwards. Kevin Garnett doesn't play against the Glenn Robinson's, Grant Hill's, and Dirk Nowitzki's of the world and neither would Kwame Brown. IMO, he will primarily be a 4 who will split time at the 5. The only way he plays small forward is if the Bulls are desperate or want to put a big lineup on the floor. It's not in the best interest of Brown or the Bulls of playing him as a small forward for long periods of time.

------------------
    "Modern bourgeois society with its relations of production, of exchange and property, a society that has conjured up such gigantic means of production and of exchange, is like the sorceror, who is no longer able to control the powers of the nether world whom he has called up by his spells."

15. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

He NEVER said that, and what he did say "Organizations win championships" was HORRIBLY taken out of context by the media. He never said that as a standalone comment. I don't have the exact words, but he was saying that 12 players don't appear out of nothingness and win 6 rings---that they have a support group behind them...that's what he meant.

------------------

16. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Well instead of getting Brown and having him play the three, how about we move Taylor to the three and play Brown at his natural four position? Taylor really wants to stay and I believe he recently said he would play at the three if he had to.

------------------
    "I'm not the only person in this league who thinks they're dirty.",
    -- Steve Francis on the Utah Jazz

"When point guards come to Houston now, they go to sleep the night before. They don't go to the movies, they don't go out, because they know they're going to be in for a game. He is the answer. They don't have to worry about a point guard for the next 10 years"
    -- Former Rocket and current TNT analyst Kenny Smith on the Rockets' point guard Steve Francis

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Don't keep it up Battier, don't keep it up! The only way we can trade for you is if you fall to Chicago's pick! [​IMG] Stop doing good. NOW!!

------------------
    "Basketball players win basketball games. Athletes win track meets."-- Shane Battier

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

18. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

What he should have meant was "we are nothing without MJ." Or maybe he could have meant, "no free agent in their right mind would sign with Chicago."

I guess Tim Duncan, McGrady and Grant Hill already have that quote credited to them... [​IMG]

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

19. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I really do not want to see Mo Taylor attempt to play the 3... I really can't see him driving to the hoop, nailing open 3's, or defending quick SF's...

In other words, Mo Taylor is useless...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

20. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Gotta link? Because NO fa quoted Krause as a reason for not signing with Chicago.

Eddie Jones? Went Home to Florida
    Tim Thomas? Stayed home with his current team
    T-Mac? Went home to Florida
    T. Duncan? Stayed hime with his current team

Only Hill went someplace he had no history---and his mind was made up when the season ended. The Bulls, and NO other team, had any chance of changing that.

Oh, and how many rings did MJ win w/o krause?

------------------

[This message has been edited by gettinbranded (edited June 13, 2001).]