1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

keep it, but get the missing pieces

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abcmemory, Apr 30, 2004.

1. abcmemory

abcmemory Member

what will we have for next season?

1. move steve to shooting guard. get somebody with better court vision, who can handle the ball well, and last but not the least, doesn't panic under a lot of pressure. I wonder if we can get steve nash as our playmaker.

2. Cat will be the back-up shooting guard for steve. Cato will be backup center for Yao and mo-tayor will come off the bench as power forward. Thus, we will have one of the deepest bench in the league.

3. We need a power forward who doesn't have to be a star, but can rebound and score. Ironically, kenny thomas is a good fit.

4.we need a primeter shooter. piakowski is a dissapiontment. That hurts us.

5.Develop Boki. The guy has the potential to be the next Dirk Nowiski.

Also, jeff van gundy needs to do a better job in coaching. But I believe the guy is smart and not as stobburn as looks like. and hopefully he will learn from his mistakes as well.

If all of those things come true. We will play in the western conference finals(or equivalent of that) next year.

2. dn1282

dn1282 Member

how do you expect to get Nash and keep everyone at the same time? And let's not get carried away with Boki now...I'd be happy if he just got a constistent 15-20 minutes a game next year.

3. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

PLease guys don't ever mention of putting Steve at the 2. He will not strive here in the west. He will be eaten alive by the likes of Kobe, Manu, etc........ If we're going to replace Cat, just make sure it is an upgrade with regards to height (a taller one), better decision making and has outside threat

4. Bob

Bob Member

If we keep the core of this team and look to fill in the holes

1. Ball handling guard who can play D, add something on O and spell Steve and Cat. Here I think Damon Jones would be a good fit. He's #2 in assist to turnover ratio, is inexpensive, a very good 3 pt shooter, and a good defensive player. He can also play at the 2. Other possibles are Rafer Alston and Jacque Vaugn.

2. PF who can play both ends. I don't see picking up an ideal person here. Quality PF and centers go for big bucks. Best player availvble is Jamaal Magloire. Norlins won't let him leave. We need to look for someone who plays in between SF and PF and isn't as highly coveted. How ironic that Kenny Thomas would have been the perfect fit this role. But we can't get him now. Guys we may be able to get - Hidayet Turkoglu, Keon Clark

3. Instant offense off the bench. Lee Nailon, Earl Boykins, Stephen Jackson, Marquis Daniels