1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bandwagoner, May 6, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would guess this is a big option to possibly help the Rockets move down a spot or two or grab an extra draft pick much like they used the Dalembert & the Brad Miller contracts on draft night to trade down in the draft.

2. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I love Brooks. I am all for keeping him.

3. Classic

Classic Member

AB's not as big a defensive liability if you've got Dwight protecting the rim. Keep AB & dump JLin, that $ can be better spent elsewhere.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

I've always had fond memories of Aaron Brooks. During his run in Yao era, and having such memorable moments like he burned Fisher during Rocket's run against the Lakers. NBA's season is long and with post seasons: having depth is important. Nothing wrong with keeping Brooks with Lin and Beverly.

Looking at the 3rd unit backcourt of the Bulls: Marco Belinelli and Nate Robinson are staying competitive with Miami. Would love to see Brooks return.

5. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

I think we should keep him as well.

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Nah. At 2.5 million... he's gone. We need the cap space. Role players are easy to fill. I liked his play in the playoffs though.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

can we not have this constant Rockets merry-go-round of point guards? Just stick out to see if he develops gosh.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

His contract makes him expendable. We are not keeping him.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

No.
    I wouldn't say he will be much cheaper than delfino or Garcia. Carlos' option is for 3 mil and after rox decide not to pick up gracias option, they will try to resign him for no more than 3 mil. And TRob and brooks will have zero correlation. And for the 1000th time Lin won't be traded. What is it with you people? Did you guys just start watching basketball last month?

Either way brooks, Carlos and gracias options will all be denied and after Houston is done making their moves they will see if they can resign those guys for cheap.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Gm of the year right here

11. Nook

Nook Member

They wouldn't need to give up a 2nd rounder to move TRob, he has positive value in the league.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Lin will be traded if by some miracle they get Chris Paul or if his cap space lures someone like Garnett assuming Houston gets Howard or Gasol first.

I don't think the Rockets goal is to deal Lin but he is certainly available. Morey has gone through many point guards and has shown a touch at getting good ones.

13. dantian

dantian Member

no need to pay 2.5mil for a zero-min bench player.

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

It's tough man. All true Rocket fans live AB & would love too see him back. But somebody gotta go outta Delfino/Garcia/Brooks and IMO Garcia's the most valuable. But all of them are valuable and able to contribute

15. StevieCrossover

Aaron brooks. Rocket 4 life. With harden controlling the ball. We need a good defensive point guard who can shoot 3's.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Brooks needs to be on the team next year and he needs to have an established role for the Rockets.

17. ERC

ERC Member

Lin's 3p% obvious still needs LOTS of work, but my point is he has steadily shown improvement over the season and has shot better than Brooks in the past 4 months (Lin from Jan-April: 37.3% vs. Brooks 28.5%). In other words, one is trending upwards while the other downwards.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Are you familiar with Murray? He trades everyone.

[​IMG]

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

1. He doesn't want to come here, he signed an extension to avoid it.

2. No one willingly leaves the Lakers.

3. No one (yet) takes less $$$, to willingly leave the Lakers.

20. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Shooting percentages fluctuate constantly, and don't necessarily indicate one player is getting worse as a shooter or that one is getting better. Not to mention looking at Brooks game log that number appears to be ridiculously off base, I came out to 35+%