1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 22, 2009.

1. choujie

choujie Member

Offensive guys are overrate, defensive guys are underrated. Two way players are the ones who really win games.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Reported by Sina... the same site that published an article about Yao's IQ score being higher than that of any other player in the league (likely based on a banner ad or something :D ).

Edit: This was the actual thread about the IQ stuff. Pretty funny read: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=169386&highlight=sina

3. choujie

choujie Member

For real, the only similarity between Parker and Brooks is speed. You don't compare AB's 2nd year stats with Parkers 1st year because Parker was o much younger, younger guys tend to improve their game a lot more.

4. choujie

choujie Member

That report about AB is true.
    There was video with Yao speaking Chinese about that.

5. albuster

albuster Member

The best post in this thread so far. That is my opinion on this matter.

6. krockets

krockets Member

It was actually reported by one of Yao's most trusted Chinese reporter, who based in Houston and followed Yao exclusively...

7. BrooksBall

Let's see the video and get an accurate translation. Criticism is one thing. That happens a lot with young players but the way that first thread had it translated and explained was unlikely the way it actually went down.

Regardless, Sina has clearly pumped out some garbage at times.

8. BrooksBall

Did he write the piece about the IQ scores as well? :D

9. choujie

choujie Member

It was translated quite accurate by somebody on this board. Not too harsh, but Yao did say he talket to AB: "You can't do it your way anymore"

AB did listen the next game, pass the ball around instead of hesitate and shot wild shots. Props to him for that.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Keep Brooks, he is really good now, but is going to be excellent in 1-2 years. The way he plays now reminds me so much of Parker when he first came into the league.

Weakest positions right now are shooting guard and backup forward/center.

11. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

There was a video interview about it... I saw it but can't find it now. :(

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Hasn't Parker always been a strong finisher whereas Brooks is below average?

13. choujie

choujie Member

I misread something here.

Although AB for Rubio is a no brainer, I may not want to throw in Tmac there, unless Rockets get more assets in return. Tmac's contract alone can bring Rockets quite some talent.

So it's a different story.
    AB + picks for Rubio, yes.
    AB+Tmac's contract for Rubio + ? Don't know.

14. BrooksBall

I totally agree that Yao said something and was right to do so. I was specifically talking about one thread that had some ridiculous wording and explanation of the situation. There might have been a better translation that I missed because I know it was discussed several times.

Either way, I'm not against trading Brooks. I just wouldn't use that isolated incident (regardless of how it actually went down) to justify anything. In my opinion, no player should be untouchable on this team, including Yao. Obviously, Yao is considered untouchable though. I don't think it should be that way. Like Brooks, I would sell high with Yao before his inevitable decline and future injuries.

15. krockets

krockets Member

No, someone else wrote that crap... As far as for news regarding Yao, the reporter is very creditable..

And to clear your skepticism, the article was translated by 5-7 clutchfans and they all pretty much said the same thing, which was Yao telling Brooks to stop doing whatever he likes and just do what Yao told him to do.

16. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Keep AB! He was arguably our most important piece in pushing the Lakers to 7 games.

Too Quick, Too Good of a shooter to let go this soon in his career.

17. choujie

choujie Member

The problem is right now you can only sell low on Yao because the injuries. you are not getting Lebron, Wade, Howard, Paul back for Yao.

That's one more reason to hold onto Yao. You don't sell low, and he can be the deciding factor for championship, unlike Brooks.

18. BrooksBall

Hahaha... Dictator Yao!

Whatever... Brooks does what Adelman and the coaching staff tell him to do. Yao gives suggestions and advice. Adelman calls the shots.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

This is one of the most ignorant things I've read in a long time. You really underestimate Yao's importance to the Rockets franchise.

20. BrooksBall

Yao is definitely more valuable to this team than Brooks. I never doubted that and I'm all for trading Brooks for any kind of upgrade.

As far as the part in bold, I don't believe that any more. I did at one time but I think that ship has sailed. Just my opinion, nothing more. Even if Yao manages to avoid broken bones, he wears down physcially over the course of an NBA season. Cutting back his minutes will help but won't make that much of a difference. He's just too big. He can be a 2nd option but not a deciding factor. We don't have that deciding factor, i.e., a closer, on our roster.