1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keep Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 22, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I do not want to lose the best PG prospect the Rockets have had in years.

He has Tony Parker like potential, can we please hold onto him....the guy started about 35 games total was our 2nd leading scorer in the playoffs and was pretty darned efficient in scoring.

As he gets more experience he will only get better....please hold onto him.

I understand that we are looking to upgrade, and probably use Tmac's contract to net something...but for the love of pete, please keep Aaron Brooks.

DD

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Either u make another DD's Rocket Talk Draft Special, or we trade the guy...whatcha gonna do?

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would not mind keeping him.

Do I think he is our future starting point guard? No.

He is best utilized as a 2-guard, and more likely than not, a spark plug off the bench.

I wish there was some way to trade into the first round with TMac's contract in order to draft Rubio or Flynn.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Well you certainly don't trade him for an unknown rookie, and I agree that he has upside, but I ultimately think he's best suited to be a top flight 6th man.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

If Brooks was in this draft, he has pretty damn good argument to be a top pg prospect.

So definitely keep him, do not trade him for an unproven player.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He scored over 15ppg in the playoffs as a starter had great games, average ones and bad ones....as he grows he will only get better.

I do not want to see him gone, or replaced......I would trade Lowry in a New York minute, but Brooks, we need to keep.

DD

7. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Am I getting the vid or what DD? I'm a fan of yours, and its been too long.

8. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I don't think he will be as good as Parker. I don't think he is a championship caliber starting PG.

His ideal role is to be a spark off the bench.

We should sell high.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Brooks is high on trading value right now due to his playoff performances. I wouldn't mind trading him, but only to get good value back

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I dont think he will be as good as Parker, and I want to keep him.

But there is always a deal to be made, for just about everyone but Lebron.

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

agree. Rox got to keep him at all cost.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He is the only starting caliber PG on the roster.....right now the team has only ONE weakness a scoring efficient SG that can also penetrate and create.

Just fill that role and go back to war.

When you start blowing up rosters, you screw chemistry, you screw other players, you ruin the clubhouse/lockeroom.

This team is VERY close, just tweak it, get us Vince Carter and watch the championships come home.

DD

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brooks will probably be only as good as others above mentioned. Spark off the bench and 6th man. While he has great speed, and is a scorer, his height will probably end up hurting him.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree DD. Brooks was inconsistent this year, but he is a true difference maker. When he's on his game, there is no answer for him. There are not many other players on the team that you can say that about. He was nearly single handedly responsible for two playoff wins against this year's world champions.

You can't just throw that away for a draft pick. Even with a lottery pick, you are just as likely to get a Stromile Swift as a Chris Paul.

15. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

I totally agree that Brooks is Parker-isk. Took Parker 4 years to become the Parker we know today... pure evil against his foes. As a matter of fact, I think Brooks will get to Parker's level a little sooner. He is still a young buck, but with a lot of training and dedication in the off season, we might just see Tony Parker II... :D

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

DD is on panic mode! ;) :D

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Signed CP3, Calvin Murphy, AI, Tiny Archibald, Chris Jackson, Tony Parker, etc..etc..etc..etc..etc..etc..etc...

With the new rules and no touching on the perimeter, speed is arguably more important at the PG spot than height.

DD

18. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

he's never gonna be close to Parker. He's good and bad at times which makes him inconsistent and he doesn't have the courtvision parker has too. his stock is high right now and this is a PG draft so I say we could atleast find one guy better than him.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I would take Brooks over any of the similar "waterbug" PG's in the draft today (Teague, Flynn, Lawson). Probably over Curry and Jennings too. But if someone wants to overvalue Brooks for his postseason play, then I'll gladly part with him and start Lowry, or get Rubio or Evans in the process.

You can't just look at Brooks' numbers, you have to consider the fact that he is undersized to the point of being a potential defensive liability, and you have to look at Yao's numbers. Yeah he's a hard guy to pass the ball too, since he doesn't move or clear out or do much of anything to help his PG out. But if you've got the passer in the mold of Nash and Stockton coming into the NBA, you don't think that guy could make it significantly easier for Yao to get the ball at his money spots on the court all game?

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Lol... I sense Deja Vu...

Think Luther Head.

I do like Brooks though.