1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD to Under Armour for $325 million?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tracy McIverson, Aug 6, 2014.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Still has more talent than Kim K though.

:grin:

2. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Damn he's so skinny though. Do they make UA in his size?

3. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I just did a quick google search and posted.

Since you asked, here is the link for Asiansportsonline....
    http://www.jlin7.com/

Haven't found the white one yet.

4. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Man I love KD's sneakers. His shoe line will be wack under Under Armor but money talks.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

my KD 2 sell value just went up

[​IMG]

6. lamj

lamj New Member

huge get for UA. they'd have two bonafide superstars in KD and curry. i agree w the Capt above, would be cool if KD got his own upscale "Jordan"-type sub-brand (Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura) and maybe curry/kemba/bjennings(?) hold down the main brand http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Armour#Basketball

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bhyeeeeeeeeee KD's career. You cant **** with the Illuminati like that. Best case scenario he launches a "coming home" campaign when he returns to Nike on all fours kissing Phil Knight's feet. Nike probably buys UA, makes KD work in a basement somewhere.

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

[​IMG]

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Get paid KD.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Damn UA must be doing really well to offer KD that type of contract. I don't think their basketball shoes sell that well on the commercial market. KD is already behind Jordan, Lebron and Kobe as far as Nike shoe sales go.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The economics of the basketball is interesting. A top guy like Durant (and I bet LeBron, too) now apparently makes more money from his shoe sponsor than he does from his NBA team. Some people complain about how guys now think too much about their "brand" than basketball, but given the numbers, isn't it kind of logical for them to do so?

Under NBA's Collective Bargaining Agreement, the owners make out really well (as seen by rising franchise values). The mid-level player also do pretty well for what they bring. But the elite players get screwed by the presence of the "max salary" limiting what they earn. Just look at what some of the better players make in baseball, LeBron and Durant make a pittance compared to these guys and LeBron and Durant are much more important to their teams' success than any one baseball player can be to his team's success (starting pitchers only pitch 200+ or so of the nearly 1458+ innings in a season, positions players only hit 1 out of every 9 plate appearances).

So, now we have this situation where a top NBA player really should consider their sponsor's wishes in making a career decision because the sponsor is paying him more than his NBA team is allowed to pay him.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

On top of that we are asking them to take payouts for the sake of winning and the good of the team.

13. spysta

spysta Member

So what did Steph Curry get from under armour?

Because unless it was over 100 grand he is underpaid, steph is on the very next tier of stardom.

I would pull a Jason Kidd on Under Armour!!

14. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

On the flip side, maybe we can now lure KD to Houston with a vet min offer in two years. because his main income source will be his sponsor deals anyway. :grin:

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The 325 million has to already include the value of his percentage.

The killer would be if Chandler "the best recruiter in the NBA" Parsons signs. The value of UA would skyrocket.

17. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

You know Washington is hoping that this contract is legit. The more money he gets from endorsements, the less likely he will be to have money be a major factor once he hits FAcy.
    And if that's the case it will make his hometown look even more appealing.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I bet Lebron is mad he signed his deal a few years ago. He moves more shoes than anyone not named Jordan.

19. zyt

zyt Member

thats crazy amount of money which will be compensated with 10m shoes sell, i wonder how big that brand is

20. MD_in_Training

UA is probably trying to do what Nike did with Tiger - enter a competitive market by headlining an icon in said market. The only difference is that KD isn't Tiger, and I'm not sure UA has enough to make a dent in the basketball shoes market. $325 mil is too much... maybe Lebron is worth that, but not KD.