1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard out indefinitely

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jan 17, 2018.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

#TOOSOON

hakeem94 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think Pop's head coach tenure is also coming to an end once his contract is up or they fire him. The Spurs are finally no longer close to contending. Pop's non-political correctness, though I don't disagree with him, concerning race relations really put the nail on the coffin. You can't say that as a coach of a major NBA team in a state where people still have awful perspectives.

I love Popovich for tweeting that stuff. He's right.

#362 Liberon, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

None of this makes sense. If i'm sick and not going in to the office, I shoot an email to my boss and coworkers at the end of every day letting them know my status and when i think ill be healthy enough to be back in the office. This is what everyone does. Why would the team call a meeting to ask Leonard his health status. Doesn't his employer already know? can't a teammate just shoot him a text and ask?

None of this seems normal. Leonard is a very quiet stand offish guy, but communicating to your employer why you're out and when you will be back is basics of being a good employee. His teammates learning of his condition through the media and having to call meetings to get this information from him is odd.

Jontro likes this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Joe Johnson for Kawhi.

Joe Johnson brings a lot of experience. Will fit right in with Manu and Parker.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

63 percent of San Antonio is Hispanic and Austin(spur's country) is fairly liberal. Pops is still very popular.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Pop will make the call to quit, not the Spurs.

A_3PO likes this.
  8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

sounds like a little bit of shade thrown by someone who would sleep with their teammate's wife

Swiss Roll, adw, Nook and 13 others like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

bullshit, no one is bigger than a team or it's owner. jackson and mj were not bigger than the bulls organization. no one is.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

In this case, I disagree. Greg Popovich has presided over one of the most sustained periods of winning at a high level in league history. Like Red Auerbach, he will decide when to leave. I don't think whatever issues are going on with Leonard will influence what Peter Holt thinks of Pop. Holt, you may recall, hired Pop to be their GM and head of basketball operations when he bought the team. That shared history means something. It's not like Pop has declined as a coach, either. If anything, you could argue that Pop has been coaching at his best over the last few years given the aging and decline of many of the key players on their roster.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

This is intel from someone on another forum I frequent. He seems to have insider information.

2/25/18: "Kawhii and his handlers ****ing hate LMA. Pop went and adjudicated the conflict with Aldridge without fully understanding what that meant for Leonard's camp. Spurs are all in for LMA/Gasol perimeter game and Leonard doesn't see how his strengths figure in there. Kawhii will not be back for SAS, Pop badly misjudged his leverage there."

2/26/18: "Kawhii's camp specifically asked for a trade to the Lakers, and when that didn't happen he went back to sitting out."

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Kawhi Looks really bad in all of this. He's done a great job dropping his trade value to where the Spurs might actually trade him, but that's one organization you don't want to **** with.

Most players would kill to have a chance to play for POP.

How many years does he have left on his contract and at what amount ?

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

edit. delete double post

#373 snowconeman22, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Jontro and Outlier like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Players are less employees and more independent contractors

Rocket River

MorningZippo and Jontro like this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This the same humble, down to earth Kawhi driving his beat up 1990 Chevy tahoe who is pissed off he lost his taco cabana coupons?

LMAO

adw likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I can see something like this being true, cyberx said the Lakers were trying to trade for Kawhi too.

Deuce likes this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Good luck with that. The Spurs aren't the type to roll over.

18. riko

riko Member

Shots fired at Kawhi

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There's a lot of miscalculations around this whole drama. I think the Spurs will find the best offer for Kawhi in the off-season and move on.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@cyberx posted that the Lakers were trying hard to trade for Kawhi.