1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kawhi leonard Or LBJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dejamike, Mar 27, 2018.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Hmmm, quitter or perennial winner, who makes every single team he's on instantly better. Let me think....

D-rock likes this.
  2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You are assuming he wouldn't get an injury, and decide not to play anymore.

Given the reasons for that...what makes you think Kawhi is looking to be second fiddle anywhere? You think he stopped playing at SA to be second fiddle somewhere?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If you want to just throw random players out there. I would prefer Giannas or Anthony Davis.

What would Harden and Paul be able to do with Capela and one of those guys on the floor. Also being able to have one of the pairs on the court at all times.

napalm06, Stormy1234 and D-rock like this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

PG13 or Kawhi. Lebron would gut the team, Harden is rumored to not want him in Houston because he would overshadow his legacy and Lebron is rumored to not want to come if Houston wins so it doesn't seem like a match either way.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. normy1985

normy1985 Member

Leonard. Somehow I could envision him assimilating seamlessly with Harden and CP3. LBJ might ruin the perfect chemistry we have.

6. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

It's really amazing to think about: this is the kind of season you dream of, and yet I've watched less games this season than any season in a decade. I guess that's why Lakers and Celtics fans used to be so arrogant. They don't even care about the games your sweating. I'm gonna be the same way, mocking OKC fans mercilessly. 17 games back lolololol

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

kinda iffy about Kawhi's injuries, something's not right here. I dont want damaged goods

But Lebron's getting up there in age, I don't care how well he's playing now, you cant fight age

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not sure why you want to deprive yourself in the age of streams and replays. Watch it in the background and at least hear how one second their lead looks beat and then the tide turns back in their favor just like that.

I don't think I remembered that during the Dream years. Every possession was hard fought because it seemed like those bastards didn't show up until the second half.

You couldn't count the days I waited for a game to show on abc or tnt because I didn't live in Houston. I was also that obnoxious ******* in away games loudly rooting for the Rockets.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I REALLY like Kawhi, but this whole BULLSHIT "I won't play because I want a bigger shoe contract so trade me" crap has soiled me on him.

I have a friend in the Spurs org, that graduated with me, and I am not kidding, he doesn't like Aldridge and was insulted that he only got a 20m contract offer from Nike, so his Uncle has convinced him to force a trade to a bigger market so he can get a deal like Harden.

He has put the Spurs in real tight spot here.....he could have been playing for the last 2 or 3 months, but has CHOSEN to sit out.....

WEAK.

DD

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

CP3, Harden & Kawhi> Kurry, Klay , Kd

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Kawhi is either too injured to play, or has no heart to play.

Want Neither.

HAYJON02 and Stormy1234 like this.
  12. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

If all Kawhi wants is the money, that should be easily dealt with by Morey and the owners.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is a no brainer.

Kawhi all day.

14. riko

riko Member

What rumor? Some clown with a fake account who says he heard some rumor off his nephew?

BallSoHarden likes this.
  15. BigO

BigO Member

LeBron is a long shot, Leonard is nearly no shot, the only way he'd be a Rocket if he asked to be here and only here, and even then. Rockets would not trade Cp3, because that would require sign and trade and he did not come here to be traded next season, incase we blind side him and trade him after he signs contract that would bring insanely bad rep to the Rockets org, not to mention we would not be able to trade him for a while, so Spurs would need to hold on to Leonard for another few months, which is way out of realm of possibilities, so all in all, unless Spurs would like Gordon and fillers and Leonard is forcing his hand to come here, there is no chance that he would play for us. LeBron on other hand is much bigger chance, and if he dome here, **** the media, i'll take Championship over any drama. It might be annoying for a while to hear how it was all Lebron and etc, but years latter the only thing that will matter is championship banners.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, now we can be choosers but remember when we were beggars for talent years ago.

#36 daywalker02, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It still makes sense though. I feel Harden and Lebron want a super team, but want to be the clear best player on that team. I think Harden realizes he is close to winning a championship with an old all-star, he can add another all-star and win a couple of championships while being the best player on the team, that would net him the most for his brand. Who's team would it be Lebron or Hardens? It worked with GS because KD was fine with it being Steph's team. I just don't see Lebron as that type for a few more years.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We chose top talent Jerry Lin, the key to a winning formula.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Malcontented Spurs don't seem like part of an equation that I am interested in doing math about. At this point, there's something mysteriously shady happening in that dude's head. All I can think is that he wants Pop to shut up and dribble? LMA can't be that bad, can he? Like, Dwight bad?

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This is surprising as to the reason being market instead system. I'm sure he can get more a little more money in a bigger market, but he just doesn't strike me as a guy that would have a signature shoe that would do well in any market. Signature shoes go to guys that bring the ball up the floor. It is mostly guards and point forwards, and guys that score the ball a lot. Kawhi is known for being a balanced player and he's only had one 40 point game his entire career. He doesn't exactly light up the scoreboard or throw down flashy dunks or crossovers/step-backs, his game just isn't pretty.

He also doesn't have a marketable personality either, the guy is just boring. I wonder if he wants to be more of a point forward and thinks the Spurs system isn't allowing him to get a deal? It's funny everyone wants a Harden deal, but Harden had like 10 40+ point games this season alone, a 60 point triple double game, has signature moves on the court, a wicked beard, and is way more in touch with pop culture than Kawhi. Harden had a Lifestyle line of shoes, because he lives a lifestyle that is a part of modern pop culture, which is important in fashion. Harden wears YSL, Balenciaga, and even has a line with Yohji Yamamoto and attends fashion shows in Paris in the off-season. He has a Rolls Royce Wraith and a Bentley Bentayga. He's cool with Travis Scott, Meek Mill, Nipsey Hussle, and several rappers which is important when it comes to perception of lifestyle and fashion imprint. Kawhi on the other hand is known for being extremely stingy with money, has been rolling around in a 20 year old chevy Tahoe and he wears a plain black shirt with a very cheap Blazer on the bench. Kawhi needs to strike an endorsement deal with Payless and SuitMart and call it a day.

#40 BallSoHarden, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    rockets1995 likes this.