1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi Leonard is the Best Player in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dmo for 3mo, Mar 7, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Pretty sure I stated my point. You're not very close. In fact, your interpretation of my point is shows poor logic skills.

I know you. You're not very good following a discussion to the point you actually try to misunderstand, and state another's point in the most ludicrous way possible. I call that contrarian sabotage...others call in strawmanning someone. It's very weak. You know that right?

I'm out.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I was sincerely trying to figure out your point. Because either:

1) 2016 OKC > 2016 Spurs, in which case, it doesn't make sense to blame the Spurs' loss on Leonard's increased minutes b/c the Spurs lost to a better team.

or

2) 2016 Spurs > 2016 OKC, in which case, it does make sense to blame the Spurs' loss on Leonard's increased minutes.

That's why I asked if option 2 was your point. Since you said it wasn't, it looks like you really don't have a point, certainly not one that's supported by data or logic.

3. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Harden >>>>>> Leonard

Leonard has better player around him.
    Harden is making miracles with Anderson Capela Ariza

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

LeBron James is the best player in the NBA.
    [​IMG]

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They won last night behind phantom fouls and some nifty reffing

Rocket River

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Another Kawhi thread, I love these.

8. CallMeTheDream

Imo that's easily going to be Giannis Antetokoumpo. Kawhi won't have the protection from playing in Pops system assuming he retires soon and we'll all see how good he really is.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

So much salt in this thread. The same salt when Duncan was dominating and people scoffed at the idea that Duncan was on Hakeem's level. Greatness will come for Kawhi and he will continue to fly under the radar and people will just say things like he doesnt play any minutes or some other ridiculous notion that downplays his MVPesque year. All because your boy is Harden.

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

Ah, the annual "Insert Player" is the best player in the NBA thread.

And every year, they look like idiots. It's Lebron's world, and we are all just living in it.

heypartner and tmactoyao like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Annual"??

DaDakota started one about Anthony Davis after Game 2 this season.

Richie_Rich and tmactoyao like this.
  12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Lmao I can't believe I just did this but I searched and this dude Outlier really has 80% of his posts about the Spurs or Kawhi. The other 20% are hating the Cavs because of LeBron or the Warriors/Durant or Westbrook - no surprise there, all threats or have owned the Spurs. Huge Spurs cuck fan posting as a "Rockets" fan. Weird...hope you know there's a forum specifically designed for Spurs fans...

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Bruh, thanks for being so interested in me. Want my number too? Lol.

I was born and raised in Houston, grew up a Rockets fan since the Stevie Franchise era. Learned to respect the Spurs over time and eventually grew to love them and how they do everything right and with class.

As far as forums go, clutchfans has my heart. I've been here for over 15 years. Probably opened it every day since. I can relate to houstonians far better than san antonionians. Plus the spurstalk website is full of r****ds. Clutch has moderated this board better than anyone could have. To me this forum is more than basketball, it has helped me with life too.

Anyway if you want to hate on me for loving the Spurs, go ahead. Better than being a freaking Kobe fan. Or a LeBron bandwagoner.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Btw, it is far more reasonable to hate on LeBron and Westbrick than hating on the Spurs. LeBron's arrogant diva ass and Westbrick is the antithesis of basketball team play.

Add in there Durant the beta cuck (i actually would root for Westbrick everytime he goes against this pansy) and you got a trio of players who deserve the flack they get from people like me.

Also, I have never hated on the Rockets (or never intend to, when I prop up Kawhi over Harden it's because I freaking love Kawhi) because that would be dumb. There's still a piece of them in my heart because they're my home team.

15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

1. Cool story, bro. I guess?
    2. A lot of Rockets fans respect the Spurs and how their organization is run, but we don't have 80% of our posts slurping their nuts.
    3. Agreed, Clutchfans>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    4. No hate man. But it is weird to see someone who has been here for 10+ years have a pro-Spurs fetish over the team they grew up watching. Like bro, we get it. Kawhi is great. Duncan is great. But you consistently drag your point in threads where you have to ostensibly say that they're better than Harden or Hakeem sometimes when they're not even in the topic...

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Overreaction from last game? How many mins does he play vs Lebron? Lol c'mon dude worst collection of talent? Yeah LMA, Manu, Gasol and Parker are totally scrub players in the NBA.

WTF!

17. Outlier

Outlier Member

And so, what's wrong if i have a greater affinity for the Spurs than the Rockets? We're all slurping on some nuts here on this website. That's what fans do. Okay fine, i get it. I'm on a Rockets fan website and if I say anything where an opposing team's player is better, someone might get a little sensitive. It makes sense. But it's fun lol. That's why it's sports. It comes with the territory. And i'll do it a little less because it causes a rise in some people. It just slips out and you have to agree...when you have pride in one of your players you just want the world to know. But it does affect me when people talk smack about the Spurs too, so it takes two to tango. But again...98% rockets fans here so it should be expected.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

LMA has been horrible, look at his numbers. 4-19 almost every game.

Manu has barely been Manu this year. He's freaking 39. He's only been effective for a quarter of his playing time.

Gasol plays horrible defense, that's why he's a bench player now.

Parker is a role player. Beverley is better.

You list these four because they have familiar star names. But theyre no longer stars. Kawhi has been carrying them.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMA would be the 2nd best player by a mile for the Rox. So would Gasol. Mills > Beverley.

roslolian likes this.
  20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

So it's more than respect. They've actually become your primary team. I don't know if it's normal to just switch teams like that (nice job being hypocritical about bandwagoning), especially when it's an in-state rival. TBH, it's whatever; I don't really care to respond further. But it makes sense now when I read your posts. All good.