1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If management made promises to get him to sign here and later broke those promises for the betterment of the team, you don't think Dwight's gripe is justified?

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Please continue to roast this clown.

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Don't forget the biggest superstar Harden ran out of town - Jeremy Lin

HP3 likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Yep he sounds like a lin fan who is mad

SamFisher likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If it was for the betterment and success of the team doesn't that say more about Dwight being an immature douche than it does the organization or, more specifically, Harden?

topfive likes this.
  6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Lin ran himself out of town with his poor fundamentals and decision making. Austin Rivers is basically Jeremy Lin 2.0.

7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Harden has to deal and abide by fixed post season policies. You look at the games closely, one compared to an anomaly and you clearly see a pattern where the Lakers and Warriors never adjusted much but point shaving as well as back off defensive cues added to the rigged officiating especially towards the end of games. It is what it is. Nobody that has played basketball for 2/3s to 3/4s of their life can become that bad all of sudden regardless of whatever factor.

8. riko

riko Member

Stop it dude. Kobe Bryant has enough of delights delusion of grandeur and told him straight up you have no post skills and run the pick and roll. Steve Nash told him the same thing. Harden tried to turn him into capela on steroids but Dwight wanted to be Olajuwon with no post moves. Hey even McHale said a year or so back Dwight with a bad back and poor skills was not built to be a low scoring threat. So Kobe, Nash, harden and McHale were lying?

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't think so.

I think star players are more concerned about Rockets' management breaking its promise to Dwight and Harden going along with it. Dwight was 28 years old in his first season with us. We knew exactly who he was when we signed him.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Again, if management made promises to get him to sign here and later broke those promises for the betterment of the team, don't you think Dwight's gripe is justified?

11. riko

riko Member

The management saw how bad of a low post threat he was up close and told him that . McHale said in a interview that we tried to get Dwight to run the pick and roll and he refused. So stop making this about Harden

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

For the third time, if management made promises to get him to sign here and later broke those promises for the betterment of the team, don't you think Dwight's gripe is justified?

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So now it's not that stars won't come to Houston because of Harden but stars won't come to Houston because they are worried about how the organization treats its players? I just want to understand what your ultimate gripe is.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m jumping in late on this but a few points.
    No one is siding with Dwight. There is a reason this hall of famer is on a minimum contract and will never earn more than that again. Three more teams didn’t want him after Harden.

We’ll never know the facts about Harden CP3 no matter what know it alls on here say, but frankly if I was Harden carrying the team and pushing myself the whole regular season just to keep us afloat, I wouldn’t want someone who’s not playing to tell me how the offense should be run.

I don’t disagree that some players won’t want to play with Harden, but let’s not start labelling him a cancer. Lots of players would welcome the opportunity I’m sure. As Westbrook showed last summer. As CP3 showed knowing damn well he would have preferred to stay put in Houston. You don’t think you could have painted the same narrative with Kyrie over the stunts he pulled in Cleveland and Boston. He only had arguably the best player in the league team up with him this past offseason.

15. riko

riko Member

No it’s not. If You are not skilled enough to have a offense run through you then no. He was told by Kobe, Nash, harden and McHale. Some people have to know their limitations. All those guys are first ballot hall of famers

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So you're ok with promises being broken as long as it improves the team. An "ends justifies the means" guy.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Other stars won't come to Houston if they believe that promises made to them can be broken, and Harden will sit back and let it happen.

18. riko

riko Member

Dwight issue was with Harden or the management ? It seems now you are saying dwights issue was with management? And in the end the teams wealfare trumps dwights ego

Kobe
    Nash
    Harden
    McHale
    The magic
    Hawks
    Hornets

we’re all wrong and Dwight was right

stop it. The lengths this guy will go to to try to make Harden look bad. Truly shameful. I’m done

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What did Westbrook show? He had a chance to play with his good buddy Harden after OKC traded away Paul George so he took it.

And what did CP3 show? He's an older veteran who wants to win. There's a significantly better chance of that playing alongside Harden in Houston than with a rebuilding OKC team.

And after opting out of his contract with us, Dwight signed a 3 year/$70m contract with Atlanta.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Management broke its promises to Dwight, and Harden went along with it when he could've easily stopped it.

That's not lost on fans so I highly doubt it's lost on players.