1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kathy Griffin Video (Warning: Graphic)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, May 30, 2017.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont condone any of these 3 things. They have the right to do it and I have the right to disagree with it. Condoning or approving this stuff will lead to more of it.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not wanting to butt into this, but isn't the word you both mean to use is "condemn"... condone means you approve or agree with something. i will butt out now...

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I discussed it. I condoned (or disagreed) with Griffith quite a few times. That's it.

You proved yourself a hypocrite and have to feel like you are winning an argument here by calling me a clown in order to keep your ego pumped up.

Go enjoy the rest of your weekend and have fun looking at yourself in the mirror.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's funny is that you are flipping out despite seemingly not knowing my position on the issue despite the fact that I've stated it in the thread more than once. It's ignorant BS like this that has killed any credibility you might have once had. Do yourself a favor, calm down and do a lot more reading and listening than talking and typing. You'll embarrass yourself less and perhaps eventually regain a bit of that credibility.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am using it right. I guess his(or her) use of it confused me.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

As cathartic as Maher has been for non trump voters, the attention has inflated his already oversized ego.

I wouldn't mind him getting fired or on permanent break.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

isn't he only on hbo? hbo wouldn't fire him. I think he's an idiot, but that was based on at least 10 years ago. Haven't watch since.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, BobbyDearest, you try so hard to exhibit intellectual superiority. Tsk, tsk. Yeah, that's what he meant- "suck on my machine gun" is EXACTLY the equivalent of "suck my dick." Maybe, you can get past this simplistic notion that the left abandoned all sense of reason and logic post-election. First of all, stereotyping is weak- that actually illustrates intellectual inferiority. And second, continually referencing the election, which the large majority of us got over in November, is also weak.

But, as the king of beating a dead horse, I'm sure that you will continue to mention this. Shame.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Man, I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't care about Kathy Griffin or Bill Maher's jokes.

Kathy's was definitely over the line, not funny, whatever. It was stupid, she'll probably lose work because she's just not funny.

Bill's wasn't even offensive. Context matters, there was nothing malicious about it. Southpark has been 10x more offensive. I know I don't speak for every black person, personally, time to get over the n-word and giving it so much power. Bill probably won't be fired, he's not great at what he does (comedy) but he's good enough to get an HBO show out of it.

So many comedians use racial slurs in their stand-up routines, whether it be about black, white, hispanic, asian, whatever, I mean look at this..

There really is an outrage culture, on both sides. That was years ago, no one cared. No one thought Louis CK was some racist, context really matters.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, at least you tried.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]