1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kathy Griffin Video (Warning: Graphic)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, May 30, 2017.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

*crickets*

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

One possible explanation is the level of acceptance for some actions and speech is at a more reasonable level on the left than on the right, and that the left hold it more consistently toward all than the right. Generally of course. Also, the issue is the right doesn't even know that and thus they see a 'liberal' media when in reality, they allow certain actions and speech for their side that they would never allow for the other side. Built-in double standard blindness. Society, including news media, pick up the double standard as normal and proceed with it. Trump then happen.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny to see Ted Nugent defend himself against comparisons to Griffin by saying "he didn't threaten Obama".
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/...ng-news-conference-over-trump-beheading-photo

And that he made an "outrageous metaphor" and that he "did nothing to harm anyone. She came out with symbolism that was truly vile,"

And he conclude that "This kind of conduct is absolutely reprehensible and unacceptable."

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

She should stop crying, own her mistake and then go back on the attack.

DD

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

its what she does... to her, every minute of media coverage, every time her name is written or even spoke, is publicity. That is what D-List celebrities live off of. Otherwise they disappear into the ether...

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well, one of them just got elected President.

DD

Invisible Fan and NewRoxFan like this.
  8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Personally, I think she should double down. Don't play the 'he's trying to ruin my life' card. That's the sort of thing that gets this guy off. Take it further.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

SEVEN HOURS... not one Republican here can bring themselves to condone Ted Freaking Nugent.

I don't ever want to hear anything again about morals, hypocrisy, and double standards of the left. You guys from the Right have proved once again how committed you are to tribe vs morals.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's adorable that all you want to talk about is Ted Nugent so that you don't have to state an opinion on the actual topic of this thread. On top of that, the two situations weren't comparable....but keep spinning kiddo.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Absolutely. Ted Nugent actually threatened to shoot Obama. His was much worse.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he really didn't. What he said was in the context of "suck my dick" and any thinking person would realize that.....but we know that thinking went out the window for the left once they lost the last election.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also, if he actually threatened to shoot Obama, he'd have been brought up on charges for it, you guys aren't even trying.

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you're right...what nugent did was actually worse and is more likely to stir people up to do something violent.

no, he would have gotten a call and/or visit from the secret service, which is exactly what happened.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They know she is the victim in all of this and cant wait until this all goes away. It is making their presidnet look like the dumb russian orange agent that he is.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And they dismissed it saying that isn't what he did.....try to keep up. I do love though that you guys are desperately clinging to the spin given to you by Kathy Griffin's attorney rather than discussing the actual topic of the thread. It's pretty obvious the reason why that is.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Opinion??... who really thinks a valuable use of their time to dissect who is better or worse ... Griffith or Nugent.

All I asked for was a simple "I condone Nugents words" but you and others here are proving that you can't do it. After nearly everyone else here on both sides said what she did was wrong. You can't do it. All you want to do is create a straw man so you can feel like you won an argument for your team.

I'll say it again. I condone what Griffith did, and especially condone what Mahr said last night despite whose "team" they play for.

It's pathetic that you don't have the moral fortitude to do the same for someone like Ted Nugent of all people. I don't ever want to hear a damn word about hypocrisy ever again from you guys. You just flushed that card right down the toilet.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you feel you have to bring up Ted Nugent in a thread about a completely separate and unrelated incident? Why can't you just discuss the topic of this thread? Oh, that's right, because partisan spin. You're really coming across as a clown man, you might want to check yourself.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Back on topic, I'm seriously wondering how mentally deficient you have to be in order to buy the spin from Kathy Griffin's attorney that she is the victim in all of this. Could people that handicapped function in society? I'm honestly not sure.

I mean, sure some people will pretend to buy that BS for political reasons because they are nothing more than constantly triggered partisan hacks, but those who actually believe it? Wow.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is good to see that the bar for comedy has been raised by this ordeal

Nook likes this.