1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Towns vs Anthony Davis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sgl_carlos, Apr 6, 2016.

1. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

I might get some flak for this but...

Who would you rather build your team around?

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

KAT, Davis injury history alone settles this comparison.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There's some recency bias going Towns' way right now as to who is "better", but Davis' constant injury concerns might push me in that direction. Davis simply can't stay on the court. Both will easily be two of the best players in the league for years to come, though.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I was gonna post this thread earlier in the year and I think it's a toss up. Right now. I learn towards KAT due to AD's injury history. Plus KAT is showing shooting touch that AD has never had. He shooting 50.5% from 16 ft to the 3pt line and that distance comprises 28% of his FG attempts. For comparison Dirk has shot 47.6% from that range for his career.

5. The Stig

The Stig Member

KAT. This kid can play and stay on the court throughout the game.

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

KAT is such a great player to watch. His finesse moves around the rim are breathtaking.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

KAT has had a better rookie year. He also seems to stay healthy so I would rather take KAT. KAT is also a better passer.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

At 20 years old KAT looks like a seasoned veteran. Give me KAT.

10. awc713

awc713 Member

I really, really, really like KAT, but I'd have to go AD. Higher ceiling IMO.

That said, both will be great players for years to come. Hard decision.

11. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I play in a keeper league and kept AD and PG13 last season. I drafted KAT and am now im a position having to choose 2 to keep for next season.

PG13 & KAT
    AD &KAT
    PG13 & AD

Not an easy choice. I may try to trade up, but its doubtful in my league.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that feels like that has to be at least a little bit of a fluke. but even then, a 22.5 PER, 59.1 TS% year from a 20 year old? pretty crazy.

of course AD put up a 21.7 PER season as a 19 yr, 8 mos old and a 30 PER season last year so KAT has to still make a fairly big leap to catch AD's peak. even this season AD managed a 25 PER.

but watching towns against golden state, he was just so smooth and under control on offense in a way that davis still isn't. so between that and the injuries, you'd probably have to picks towns.

crazy that davis, towns, and cousins are all kentucky big men.