1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone on the 90's Rockets and Hakeem Olajuwon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2014.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

" Some of these young guys don't have a clue"..........speak it brother.

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I think you have to determine whether or not you hate Karl Malone the basketball player or Karl Malone the person. I see nothing wrong with hating him as a basketball player. Basketball is all about entertainment so for me there is very little difference between hating an athlete or a character from a movie or show.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I hear what you are saying gmoney411 but some people hate Karl Malone the person because of his antics on the court. My things is, in his era they all played pretty dirty.

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

What about hating both? I do not respect somebody who has raped somebody else.

True; however, as I stated above, he also raped somebody, then refused to pay for child support as well. Good reason to hate.

Also, Karl Malone had to be forced to at least act sorrowful of his actions. When he ruined the career of the center, his coach forced him to apologize. He is just a bad person.

5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Malone and McHale are two of the dirtiest players this league has ever seen.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's a cop out statement. Artest was with us for a short time. Using his time with us to judge his overall behavior is like judging a guy's career with his stats for only one season.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, people hate Malone because he was a dirty player, who intentionally hurt others. It wasn't a one time thing with Malone, he did it over and over again, and the Jazz were known as a dirty team.

But even among dirty teams they were the worst.

Unlike the "bad boy" Pistons team the Jazz would cry, b****, and moan if someone suckered them into fouling and they got called. That's what Malone the Jazz worse. They could dish it out, but they couldn't take it. The Pistons with the exception of Bill Laimbeer could take it as well as they dished it out so it wasn't quite as offensive.

It isn't just this board at all. The Jazz had a deserved reputation for being dirty especially Stockton. They deserve all the hate they get. It will be worse from a Rockets fan site because of the intense rivalry we've had with them and how knowledgeable the Rockets fans have been.

That being said, Malone is honest enough to speak highly of Hakeem, and should get props for that.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People need to hear the message .
    Dream was real.
    Clutch city is eternal.

Clutch keeps it real.

9. tburris872

tburris872 Member

Karl Malone

Watching the Rockets compete against Karl Malone, the Jazz and all their gamesmanship; made all those losses bitter sweet and all the wins more cherishable. It's nice to see the likes of Malone and coach Sloan go, but theres plenty of other players and coaches using their tactics; as well as new innovative ways to cheat.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who or what am I biased towards, here?

Committing an overly hard, flagrant foul in the flow of the game is different from rushing up behind someone and bashing into them in a premeditated manner like what Fisher did to Scola.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

karl malone is one of the greatest PF to ever play the game

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

[​IMG]

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Who used his time with us to judge his overall behavior? I'm just saying he behaved himself when he was with us. That is not debatable.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cool. thx Clutch.