1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone on the 90's Rockets and Hakeem Olajuwon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I appreciate his comments, but he was a huge cheater and thug. Stockton was just as bad as him. Those guys and the entire Utah team never deserved to win a ring.
    Hakeem was all class. A true champion, humble in victory and defeat.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

how about that Malone basically raped a barely teenager and then ignored her when she had his rape-baby and provided no help/money whatsoever as his son grew up. is that reason enough to hate him?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's like you never saw Malone play, not once.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Only on this forum? Lol...Most of my friends that werent even Rockets fans hated Malone and the Jazz. There is respect because Malone was a great player and that Jazz team was tough...but there is plenty of vitriol present, rightfully so.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Must NOT ERODE MY HATE....must not......ah, hell, that was nice of him.

DD

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You think it might be because, maybe, probably, the Rockets and Jazz were big rivals back then? Both teams played in a lot of big time games.

You think the Jazz fans back then were fond of the Rockets? It went both ways, except Malone is a dip$hit compared to Hakeem.

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

Unsatisfactory reasoning...? Then how about this....

[​IMG]

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"What did you do that for??" - Gundy
    [​IMG]

"So Horry dont go around impregnating 13 year olds. This is Karl Malone speaking for Karl Malone.
    Karl Malone gotta do what Karl Malone gotta do. "
    - Karl Malone
    [​IMG]

TheFreak's bedroom poster...
    [​IMG]

The Freak's bathroom poster...
    [​IMG]

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

You are absolutely correct. I have to give Utah their due where it's well deserved. They were certainly trailblazers of the NBA. They introduced this new way of playing the game back before Euros came and spread it. That is, they were the first mass users of what today is known as "flopping."

I have not seen plays fall to the ground in ways that defired physics before watching the Jazz. They introduced me to the idea that when you are brushed, you need to take a step back like you were hit by a truck.

And for that, we Rockets fans should always be grateful to their innovation and contribution to the game of basketball.

1 person likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch talking about Clutch City.

it doesn't get any better.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why, Clutch, why? I want to always hate him and call him a Jazzhole. You're not helping anything for me here!

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Great thread, and I echo what others mentioned about how awesome Clutch gets to ask questions we all dream about.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Freak, we could have had three. Hakeem could have finally faced Jordan in the finals. Karl, with one cheap play, stopped the unstoppable. No need to blow it off like it didn't happen. He stole something great from Houston.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WhDi0Ce_Z5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

IF you ask me, the hate against the Jazz (which in my case is still very reall today) was never against the persons behind the players. I always had huge respect for Malone, Stockton, Hornacek and most of the other guys. It was more about the many tough matchups filled with joy and frustration. They´ve played us tough and they broke our hearts several times - and it was almost impossible to stop that pick and roll. I hate them with a passion, but I have nothing against the persons in the jerseys.

15. pippsux

pippsux Member

The mailman wasn't dirty, ask isiah Thomas and that permanent scar on his head. Clean wrestling style elbow to the head, dusty Rhodes would have been proud.

Those jazz teams just like Stockton and his cheap elbows to the ribs were gritty and dirty and they pushed the rockets, true rivalry not the power puff rivalries we have today.

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Dammit I just had to watch it again. Exposure therapy was supposed to help. I suddenly feel sick.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Do not be swayed be a 60 second sound bite from Karl Malone! He was a dirty ass player and the hate for him was well deserved. Believe what you saw when he was on the court and if you were to young to watch him, believe those who did watch him.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Karl was clearly seeking out the hate.

Here is the clip between him and Boki where he clearly undercut Boki in an attempt to hurt him on a fast break and then the very next time down the court Boki blocked his ass on a fast break dunk attempt (clean) and then he comes after Boki. Watch this clip and then tell me the piece of **** Karl Malone is not dirty as hell.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/fsaqR6EO-lI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/fsaqR6EO-lI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

19. makio9

makio9 Member

That kooky looking team of Stockton, Malone, Hornecek and co drove me nuts. I hated them with a passion. My discontent continues due to my lack of understanding towards that Jazz genre of music. A guy across the road from me plays the saxamaphone, and if I had the opportunity, I'd ram it down his throat.

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

ask isiah thomas too.