1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone on the 90's Rockets and Hakeem Olajuwon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2014.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Olajuwon in game 5 close out vs. Malone:

22 Points
    10 Rebounds
    6 Assists
    4 Steals
    7 Blocks

Earl Cureton also had 4 points and 3 Rebounds.

2. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Did you happen to ask how much he had to pay the league for not calling the bear hug on Drexler during Stockton's shot? Or why he had to lift so much weight to be a jump shooter? I could go on, but it boils down to F$@# Malone.

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

Didn't he also give Clyde a hug in the playoffs. He probably loves us.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Like no one has ever questioned David Robinson's toughness. There was never a commercial where David told Duncan to not mess up the daisies.

Was there a foul called on said play? Was Malone ejected? If so, then....okay. I guess I'd ask you to look into Ron Artest's history then, who was a Rocket at one point.

Seriously, we're now concerned with how David Robinson feels? The same guy CF has made fun of for years?

5. TheFreak

Just curious, what are your thoughts on Chris Paul? You know, the guy who punched a guy in the nuts in college. For some reason he doesn't seem to get the same level of hate that Malone does around here.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cool to see him reminisce about the matchup and you could tell he respected the dream. I'm not a fan of Malone per Se, but he was one of the best PFs to play the game.

7. LG1200

LG1200 Member

isn't it obvious? we were in heated playoff series in the 90's and were two of the best teams in the conference at the time. it's very likely that we could meet the Clips in a few playoff series this decade and with chris paul's history of dirty play and flopping, don't be surprised if he enters the realm of Malone

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Chris Paul is a dirty player no doubt. I never like him and probably never will. But I do think that Paul is not as vicious as Malone in terms of intentionally hurting other players.

There are only two other players I can think of who intentionally hurt other players repeatedly: Bruce Bowen and Andrew Bynum. You may put Artest in the same category but some may give him a pass because he's supposed to have mental problem.

Karl Malone is the kind of player who should have been well-respected had he not been so dirty. He could have been a great player by his talent and skills alone. But he chose to use dirty tricks to get an edge.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I'll take people who have never spent a day in houston for $600, Alex.

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

******* and deadbeat dad

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Malone knocked up a 14 year old chick while in college and then ignored the existence of her and her son. He's done plenty of other scumbag stuff too, look into it.

12. SWTsig

Jesus Christ dude I think it's time for you to take a breather.

1 person likes this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Screw you Malone!

15. SWTsig

TheFreak just cemented himself as one of the worst posters in the history of this board. Amazing.

16. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Am I the only one who gets the vibe that Malone doesn't remember much and is giving the same answer he would give if Clutch asked him what it was like playing against John Konkack and the Hawks?

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I dont know how to feel about you interviewing this guy. I feel dirty by watching the video. I figured you kicked him in the balls or something which is why I watched. Sigh.

20. TheFreak

I wonder if there's another fanbase (by fanbase I really mean website) that finds Malone so offensive. I've never seen such hate anywhere other than this forum. It's quite strange considering Houston has multiple championships and Utah has none. It's almost as if people are looking for someone to hate. I imagine Laker fans laugh off the supposed antics of Malone and the Jazz, even though they've lost to them in the playoffs before.