1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone hired by the Jazz to teach big men to flop [caught on camera]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Zboy, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

When the Utah Jazz announced that Karl Malone would coach their big men on a part-time basis, it stood out as a strong move for all involved parties. The Jazz were able to bring the greatest player in their history back into the fold in an official capacity, Malone could develop some skills if he chose to pursue coaching full-time, and youngsters Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter could learn a thing or two. The only question was how much work Malone would actually do, and how involved he'd get in these players' development.

The answer, apparently, is quite a bit. As seen on the Instagram account of Karl's wife Kay, the Mailman took the 21-year-old Turkish national Kanter fishing for the first time. Young Enes caught a fish, too, although it does not appear particularly large.

Yet we should not mock him for his miniscule catch. As a city boy who's never caught a fish, I can understand why anyone would feel pride in hooking anything, no matter how small it may be. As noted by internet-renowned fishing expert Trey Kerby of The Basketball Jones, this bluegill is pretty much what everyone catches his first time out, if they catch anything at all. In other words, it's a foundation to build on, just as Malone will teach Kanter to improve his post game. In the end, it all comes back to basketball.
    Now, if Malone teaches Kanter how to ride his new mule, we'll have a real story on our hands.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...enes-kanter-fishing-helped-him-230250644.html

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Utah news, yawn

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

is he also going to teach them to impregnate 13 year old girls and and leave them to fend for themselves while making millions

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Look at the size of that catch!

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Being drafted by Utah has got to suck man. I'd rather sell knives door to door I think.

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I really hope the Jazz improve enough to just miss the playoffs.. It's gonna suck to see one of the great prospects get drafted to them. Though, it might spark the rivalry again later down the road.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And how to do cheap shots to injure the opponents.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He gonna teach him how to abandon teenage mothers and disown children.

9. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

He's gonna teach how to accurately kick your foot out into opponents nuts.

10. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I was running out of reasons to hate Utah with the recent departure of most of the things worth hating. With Malone on the payroll again, my hatred is fully renewed.

11. afk

afk Member

The pound on that fish = the wins the Jazz will have this year.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What's next on the agenda? Hunting little Mexican girls? (His words)

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dream returns to the game to teach some of the best players of all time how to be even better.

Mailman comes back and teaches mediocre players how to fish.

Seems about right.

1 person likes this.
  14. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

to be fair, he is probably the best PF that ever played so I do think he can teach alot. when he was a rookie, he couldn't shoot FTs worth squat but improved that and became a good shooter. also, his fitness level is amazing and was able to play well all throughout his late 30s

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Seriously, what can Karl Malone really teach anyone as far as post moves go.

1. Here's how to run to shoot a 15'er in the Pick and Pop
    2. Here's how to clear out room for yourself by injuring people so they don't guard you close again.
    3. Here are some tricks to get foul calls or to hide fouls from the ref

They guy could shoot open jumpers, but his lost post game is not something that is translatable to other players.

16. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

[​IMG]

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

How to Dodge Child Support 101

18. k-money

k-money Member

Is he gonna teach him how to set a huge ass moving screen when the ref isn't looking so his team could cheat there way in the finals

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, Malone's post game was nothing extensive. All he needs is a day to teach it.

20. jacoby

jacoby Member

What? He's right.