1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karen of the Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Jun 12, 2020.

1. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...HAH!

...this sounds like somebody should make one of those memes with Senor Rafael in one of those beehive wigs, and asking to speak to the manager of CINEMARK...:D;)

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's not inaccurate to say that this was (likely) done to appease the Chinese government. Movie studios do this all the time. My friend works for Disney in a department that works to make sure the movies are govt-approved for various countries. China is the top dog in that regard, but IIRC he said Indonesia was really restrictive too.

I also think it's fair game to ask if American corporations should be changing what they do to please foreign governments. I don't personally have an issue with movie studios doing this, but I also don't have an issue when they choose not to make the demanded edits from China and others.

#702 Haymitch, Jul 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My point is we live in a state ranked last in mental healthcare, first in mass shootings, and the most people uninsured for healthcare. We have much bigger issues to tackle. Rafael never addresses the issues that matter most. He's a Karen that spends his time focusing on crap like Bud Light, Disney, and other crap. None of that does anything to address our biggest problems.

Rashmon and mdrowe00 like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agree with all of that

Rashmon and mdrowe00 like this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

Cacun Cruz was conspicuous silent when this somewhat pro-China documentary was released

[​IMG]

the doc is about a Chinese billionaire opening a factory in an abandoned General Motors plant, In post-industrial Ohio, hiring two thousand Americans.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Haha. Oh, I forgot to mention his outrage about the pizza ovens in NY. What a Karen.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He was pretty silent about Trump's China made clothing line and all Ivanka's Chinese patents too. His silence speaks more than his silly rants. Jan 6th is the best example of Cruz' patriotism. He is Trump's patriot, the GOP's patriot, and nothing more. The GOP party wants to be like China when it comes to working children in factories and dangerous jobs to save a buck, and make more profit.

adoo likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Houston represent

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I love karma

11. Xopher

Xopher Member