1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Jackson-Secret Superstar

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by thegreekdbag, May 26, 2013.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Plus this season we'll (hopefully) have a ballhawking FS in Ed Reed and a super athletic Daniel Manning at SS.

Our defense could be top 3 in the league again and that's not even accounting for the new draftees on that side of the ball...

I am proud of Kareem for growing so vastly within his first 2 years in the league, he was thrown into the woods a pup and came out a full grown wolf.

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Really like Jackson and think he does th ave the potential but hopefully, he won't show it anytime soon because I think if he plays at the level he has last season, there is a chance to resign him at a lower contract then he is worth. But if he has a star or superstar year then like Quinn, "He gone".

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

He improved last season, but this is just going overboard. He's far from a lockdown corner.

4. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

kareem locks down his side of the field. when he was challenged, he shut down the best WR in the league. if jjo continues to struggle, you might think of switching their assignments. i think jjo will be good to go this year, so we have a #1 and a guy at the very least, a guy that has earned a chance to line up with #1s..

i saw kareems progress from the first game against carolina, he looked fluid, so i wasnt surprised when he had a great season. only the folks who labeled him a bust and stuck to that opinion because of his rookie season are still the ones having trouble acknowledging kareems status as a potential shutdown guy.. most of you desperately wanted amukamara..

5. conquistador#11

i had been down on kareem as much as those annoying schaub haters, but it all changed for me during a play against the ravens in the 2011 post season. He turned his head to the left to locate the ball, and it was as beautiful as zoolander's blue steel.

looks like the writer for those party flyers got it right from the get go...superstar kareem at indamix!

6. liljojo

liljojo Member

*yawn* wake me up when he reaches magnum status.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Kareem has come a long way. He must be as mentally strong as it gets for an athlete.

I think he will be a top 10 corner in this league for the next several years starting this year. I still doubt he has the recovery speed to be one of the best, but he has really started to blossom. You can thank Wade for that.

8. SSP365

SSP365 Member

once again, fans overrating their own players.

he had an awful beginning to his career, only way to go is up.

lmfaaoo at superstar status. he was still getting beat deep and still has trouble turning his head and locating the ball.

he has improved but he still has a long way to go to be even considered an elite cb let alone supertar smdh...

9. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

PFF is not a fan of the Texans. It's an objective site that is well respected. They have their own system and metrics for rating players. Biases play no role in their rankings or commentary. SMDH LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

10. SSP365

SSP365 Member

so because this one site says kareem jackson will have superstar status it must bee true?

SMDH LMFAAAAOOOOOOOOOO

11. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

"once again, fans overrating their own players"

Where the f&ck did this come from? It is, once again, an objective site that is labeling him as a guy who had a great year last year who people overlook and underrate due to various factors.

DIAF, you f^cking idiot. You can't get over the fact that the guy has improved into a very good cornerback after you most likely gave up on him after less than one season. I repeat.....DIAF.

SMDH LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

12. SSP365

SSP365 Member

his defense around him improved and it gave you the illusion that he greatly improved. he heasnt. marginal at best. he still gets beat deep and he still doesnt turn his head around when defending passes.

if you actually played football in real life and know the game you would know that you tzatziki smelling dbag.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

He should get yellow wolf eye contacts to scare the **** out of opposing WRs...ala vanden bosch