1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar blasts Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokemon, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Kareem has always been kinda moody. Compared to players like Demarcus Cousins, Lamar Odom etc, he's a Saint. He's also a recovering cancer patient. Besides Lakers fans still have their collective underwear still bunched up because Dwight left.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am so glad that Kareem and others critiqued D.H. the way they did.

Howard needed a kick in the butt to be honest. He needed a fire lit underneath him. I think it was the best medicine for him.

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Kareem is just bitter that Dwight rejected his tutelage. The fact that he preferred to seek help from our very own Hakeem meant he was destined to be Rocket Red and made me like him that much more. LA can make up all these theories and excuses but the fact remains is that Howard rejected Kareem AND the Lakers.

4. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

Just because he won many championships and is a legend doesnt make him smart. He's of the same intelligence level as magic. Stupid.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Notice he basically ducked the question concerning why he didn't express his opinion while Dwight was a Laker.

What gets me is that neither the Laker fans, the Laker management, the Lakers players and now Kareem (a person affiliated with the Lakers) can just honestly say that losing Howard is going to devastate any chance for them this year. That him leaving was the worst thing that could happen to them.

Instead, its all minimizing Dwight, as a player, as a asset, anything they can say to avoid admitting the Laker dynasty (as they see it) is over. Anything they can say to make themselves feel and look better.

How long will it take for them to admit many things were mishandled, mismanaged and misjudged leading to Dwight seeing the light elsewhere?

Its the denial that bothers me.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who cares what Kareem has to say. Lew Alcindor was better than him anyway.

7. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I somewhat agree with jabbar. I'm just not feeling dewight. He has that same demeanor as Mcgrady. I don't see that warrior instinct in him.

8. steady

steady Member

Wow, Kareem, really?

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That's his opinion and I don't give a rat ass about it.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

That's the problem. That's why Dikembe in my book was an all-time great, easily HOF material. On a championship contending team, I would take prime Mutombo over DHo. Mutombo plays D as well or better than DHo, never complained about shots or touches, hit his free throws, and was an ironman. Also threw in a few elbows to keep injure an opponent (and occasionally a teammate) from time to time.

Of course if DHo gets his head on straight and becomes a great teammate and pro, well he has the potential to surpass Mutombo. Keeping my fingers crossed that this happens very soon.

11. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Kareem is as charismatic as dirt. He does have a high IQ, I'll give him props for that. IQ is not enough to be a top coach though.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ultimately he just says Dwight has not put his mind to winning. He didn't sat Dwight's past his physical prime. If Dwight did not want to learn from Kareem, maybe he can learn from Dream. A lot of people don't grow up until they see old age coming at them. Maybe Dwight sees the end of his career on the horizon and is ready to get serious.

13. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

Why no white people say he wrong??

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Except Dwight has actually won in the playoff reaching the finals and conference finals while playing both side of the ball. Let's not forget the career 58 percent shooting percentage and leading the NBA in block shots and rebounds for most of his career. He's the anti McGrady.

15. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Kareem is a douche, when Dwight wins his first ring with the Rockets, that sky hooking geezer can just kiss it.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What is this crap, how can people say Dwight has a low basketball IQ when (healthy) he is by far the most dominant, game-changing defensive player out there. That takes basketball IQ, to know how to rotate, when to rotate, gauge rebounds, how hard to hedge for against player x y z, all that stuff.

To suggest that he is some maxed-out, 'nothingbutanathlete' basketball player because he isn't as fluid/doesnt have the post game or touch as Dream (newsflash, no one does) is ludicrous, and I await Bismack Biyombos/DeAndre Jordans soon to be triple consecutive DPOY awards.

17. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Kareem just mad cause he never became a head coach. I wish someone would ask him how it feels seeing Mark Jackson and Jason Kidd get Head coaching jobs while he never got a shot. He should just stfu

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I always heard Kareem was a mean mofo but I didn't realize he was so petty and vindictive. It makes me wish Dream could have faced a younger version of Kareem to destroy.

Sour grapes.

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It's always interesting to see new ways for people to underrate Howard. Just goes to show you how important PR is.

20. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I think Mutombo is the one that is underrated by the general public. I never hear him mentioned among the all-time great centers. This is not a knock on Dwight, the best center in the game today.