1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kanye West, Candace Owens vs thought CTRL Left

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

In a time where kylie Jenner can cost a company a billion dollars with a tweet, you have to believe Kanye's political views hold some weight. It is not ideal but it is true. #freemeek

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'll apply the same logic. Every white person who disagrees with the overall white community about how 400 years of racial bias towards blacks dissipated to zero in less than one human lifespan has more valid input and we should listen to them.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

People like Kayne and Candice are part of the social media monitize win craze. Say controversial **** to be edgy and gain mass support of hive mind right wing zombies.

They'll like and share your content like wildfire. Each new click is more ad revenue. They'll also buy your shitty ghost written books. And then maybe one day you can run for president with absolutely no knowledge in constitutional law, macroeconomics, microwconmics, foreign policy but since "you tell it like it is" you are magicly qualified to manage the world's largest bureaucracy and command the world's most powerful military.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Kanye is one of the greatest trolls out there.

I do agree with Chance the Rapper as I don’t think either conservatives or liberals are truly interested in true equality for people of color.

Cold Hard, JayGoogle and mdrowe00 like this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

actually, you dont have to believe that at all and anyone who thinks that is just as dumb as kanye. most people with half a brain recognize that kanye is a childish attention-w**** (just liike trump) and dont take him seriously. and anyone who is now voicing support for kanye or defending him just because he said he likes trump is a major tool-bag.

and for the record i thought kanye was dumb long before he voiced his support for trump.

6. fchowd0311

The same exact right wingers who rolled their eyes when Kanye labeled himself as a genius now magically think his options have signficant enough merit to drown out all the black activists/leaders who differ in opinion.

It's laughably hypocritical.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. jo mama

what "political views" did kanye express? all he did was say he likes trump.

just like trump, kanyes primary ideology is himself. his political beliefs seem to be about as deep as a puddle. maybe thats why trump supporters like him now.

8. jo mama

what exactly makes kanye "conservative"? has he actually expressed any "conservative" viewpoints? what is his political ideology?

on that note, what exactly makes trump "conservative"? its not his economic policies or fiscally irresponsible and short-sighted tax cuts which raise the debt. its not his moral standing and "values". its not his lifetime support of pro-choice causes and clintons. its not his call to confiscate guns without a court order. its not his attacks on POWs and gold star families. its not his protectionist trade policies.

#88 jo mama, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His ability to own the libs

10. Buck Turgidson

It seems that Kanye West has accomplished his main objective: getting people to talk about Kanye West.

amaru, Cold Hard, JayGoogle and 5 others like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

One of the greatest trolls of all time...which is a shame because he's capable of making great music and not needing to troll to stay relevant as College Dropout and MDBTF prove.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, they are literally the only racial group that votes the way they do. Every other group has at least some significant diversity of ideology and of political thought. What you are talking about might explain a majority of a population leaning one way or the other, but it doesn't explain the homogeneity of the black vote.....again something you don't see with ANY other group. You can make excuses for it all you want, but those excuses simply fall flat.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing you said makes mental slavery to a political party in anyway a fact. When only one political party has targeted a particular race, then it makes sense that very few members of that group would ever support that party until they've changed their ways.

You are fine to disagree with that being a reason for that large of a percentage voting Democrat. But it still doesn't make mental slavery to a party a fact.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

"Dems doing their mental slavery!" Bobby Probably.

Seriously man, you're going to have to wrestle with the fact that maybe...JUST MAYBE...the GOP is scaring black voters away in droves.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You realize that doesn't show what you think it shows right? I'm not talking about majorities voting one way, I'm talking about 54 years of around 90% voting one way. You show a 73-26 split in the Asian demographic, but there hasn't been that kind of diversity of thought among black voters since before LBJ bought their votes 54 years ago just like he said he was going to.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It shows exactly what I want it to show lol. It shows that a demographic CAN change quite dramatically, in fact, the article claims this is the most dramatic shift in modern history. Can you explain why?

Yes, because the GOP stopped working for black voters since that time, thus, black voters stopped voting GOP.

Yes, I agree, black voters haven't been voting Republican since Lee Atwater's infamous Southern Strategy.

"You start out in 1954 by saying, “N*r, N*r, N*r.” By 1968 you can’t say “N*r”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “N*r, N*r.”

Yet, you think this is something that a black person looks at and goes "Yep! That's my team!" Now, we can talk about the 50s and 60s all we like, but the reality is that the GOP and its supporters have not changed a bit. Let's keep in mind, that racism shown against ANY other race is a huge red flag for many black people because we quite frankly know if you hating on Jewish, Latinos, Asians, then we're probably in that group too.

Here's Scalia: "There are those who contend that it does not benefit African Americans to get them into the University of Texas where they do not do well, as opposed to having them go to a less-advanced school, a slower-track school where they do well," Scalia said

Roy Moore...the guy the GOP, including Trump, was supporting. Here he is on Slavery... "I think it was great at a time when families were united, even though we had slavery, they cared for one another," he said. "People were strong in the families. Our families were strong, our country had a direction, and we corrected many of the problems."

Steve King:...you know what? F it, you could write a whole essay on this dude and his bag of extremely racist quotes.

Gee, no wonder. Meanwhile, LBJ said mean things but passed Civil Rights and Voting Rights, the policy is much more important than his words....and you think this is enough to scare off black voters? Passing Civil Rights? Actions speak louder than words my man.

If Trump, for example, ended the Prison Industrial Complex, I'd praise the man to high heavens, I wouldn't care about what he said here or there, his actions would be all that matter to me.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not at all, at this point I think you have to assume that LBJ was right. We're only 54 years into that 200 years he predicted.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nice job ignoring Lee Atwater and the rest of my post which included modern day Republicans saying pretty racist crap. I do realize though when you ignore points it's because you know you are wrong and just can't admit it.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. conquistador#11

The problem is we're all complex individuals to be labeled as Right or Left but that's what happens. basically Bloods or Crips.

If Fox Republicans' veins began bulging because Obama would roll up his sleeves to an event, how would they react if David Dennison ran as a Democrat and did everything the opposite but kept his very HUMBLE ways towards Republicans? He would be despised by Fox news.

all you have to do is look at every time Mr. Dennison teased with a DACA resolution or dines with fancy nancy, fox republicans lose their minds and turn their backs on Mr. David. "He's always been one of them(democrat.)" Not all fox republicans, I suppose they have some FINE people too, Leah Gabrielle, Dana Perino. Very Fine people.

And the Democrats, they did an awesome job hiding what a turd of a person Dennison was when he was donating money to their campaigns all through the 90s and early 2000s. Bankruptcies, Money and xxx starlets that's just livin' la vida loca. Nothing against that. It's his tremendous dislike for certain groups of individuals that should make everyone sick, dem or rep.

Can you guys believe, there are thousands and thousands of these MS motherf'ers headed to Austin this weekend? I have it on a good source.

TLDR version, I like Kanye would still illegally download his music.
    five pages in and no fishstick south park reference. =( Times is hardz.
    Why aren't people talking about Morrissey?

20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...what I want to know is...

...why haven't any of these people who would tell LeBron James or Colin Kaepernick to "shut up and play sports" ....

...just tell Kanye to shut up and make records or sell shoes or be Mr. Kardashian...?...

#100 mdrowe00, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Rashmon, CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.