1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kanye West, Candace Owens vs thought CTRL Left

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Apr 25, 2018.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

if someone on the left is supporting decentralized cryptocurrency, then they don't understand cryptos.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Either that or you don't understand leftists.

Rashmon and Major like this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

someone on the right support it = understanding it
    someone on the left support it = don't understand it

this sum up your view quite well

superfob, mdrowe00 and justtxyank like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually, this is decreasing among Asians and Latinos. I wonder why. Maybe they too are being enslaved by the evil democratic party?

Or maybe...JUST maybe...the Democratic party represents them better.

Nope. Not true. If Spencer was the Democratic nominee you wouldn't even get 10% of that vote.

Not sure why you think that because the black demographic wasn't strongly Democratic UNTIL the Civil Rights Movement. Almost as if these people are voting for the party that they feel represents them? Crazy right?

One party has a channel that constantly makes black people out to be thugs, criminals, and a problem. All of its prominent thinkers and members seem to follow this train of thought. All while also not supporting any civil rights movement that most black people support.

The other party doesn't do these things. As such, most black people are Democratic. It's really not that hard to figure out. I'm telling you this as a black man that knows plenty of black people, but hey, what do I know? I've been trying to tell you why black people don't vote Republican, but hey, you'll keep believing your "They are all SLAVES to the Democrats" narrative.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I was wondering where the trump supporter safe place was...

6. tallanvor

The right always understands the left's positions. Its crammed down our throats every time we try to watch sports, tv, or movies. The left can't help but tell the world what they think on an issue 'it would be irresponsible not to use my platform'.

As far as decentralized cryptocurrencies, reducing the feds control over anything is a position of the right, not the left. The reason these currencies were created was a response to overreach and mismanagement by the governments of the world. Go read Satoshi's white paper. The whole purpose is for users to try and gain anonymity and independence. These are not trademarks of the left.

#46 tallanvor, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Both sides talk about freedom. Freedom from what is a different matter.

If they were both ideologically strict, I don't think you'd attract moderate 80% on a national level. But I guess the primary system is there for a reason...

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As usual, you are just making up what is a "fact." Your "facts" aren't based on any evidence or factual information. What you call a fact is an insult to the majority of black voters. And you are surprised that people believe you to be racist?

10. JuanValdez

I'm familiar with cryptocurrency. I think the issue is that you insist we define people's politics within your rubric of what ideology qualifies as left or right. If I recall correctly, you say fascism and Nazism are far left ideologies. That's fine as a rubric, it has internal logic, and it justifies standing on one end of a spectrum and decrying everything on the other (as opposed to the moderate's approach of putting oneself in the middle of the spectrum and looking down on the extremes on both sides). The problem is you don't define things the way most people do (outside the pages of the National Review), nor how people define themselves. So that makes a conversation with you about whether some leftists like cryptocurrencies very difficult, because you won't use the conventional understanding of what a leftist is. In the real world, I know a couple of guys who would call themselves leftists and anarchists and are in love with cryptocurrency. Should I tell them they are really right-wingers because they are for small (really, really small) government?

11. tallanvor

Tell them they are the most extreme right wingers. Anarchy is the far right side of the political spectrum. You can't be on the left and believe in really really small government (anarchy means no government). That makes no sense. Never heard of an actual anarchist really existing.

12. Buck Turgidson

Tallanvor is so cute when he talks stuff.

CometsWin likes this.
  13. JuanValdez

Alright, I'll tell them. But I don't think they'll believe me. :)

14. tallanvor

What left view could you possibly have as an anarchist?

15. Major

Major Member

Uhhh, that's just their propaganda position, not their actual one. I understand you fall for that kind of stuff easily, but that doesn't even pass a surface-level test.

16. tallanvor

who is the group when you say 'their'? the right is not a group of people its an ideology. a person's views are right or left. If a person's views don't fit the 'right' ideology then they aren't 'right'

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or a mix of the two.

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Actually Late Registration was a good album too. Not a fan of yeezus.

As a slight conservative, I can not think of one person I would hate because they announced they supported someone. Quit putting these people on such a pedestal.

19. JuanValdez

It's not your doing, but the left-right dichotomy is a false dichotomy. We've used it because it was convenient in our two-party system and winner-take-all election system. But, if we're talking not about who will be president but the whole universe of political ideologies, a two-dimensional line is far too simplistic a model to characterize anybody's thinking.

20. tallanvor

I use the one dimensional left/right to describe one dimension. Size of government, meaning how much they control not how many employees. Anarchy is as far right as it gets. What are you using it for?