1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kamala is no joke; will vote for her again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

2. Nook

Nook Member

They can't vote in federal elections, it is impossible.

There are some local elections though where they can vote and are allowed to do so based on the local rules.

The concern of both parties should be redoing the immigration policy of the USA and granting citizenship for those that have been in the USA long term.

Surprisingly, it was Trump that shut down those discussions - I know, it surprised me as well.

No Worries, ROCKSS, mtbrays and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Got my approval! Prince fan.
    !

4. Nook

Nook Member

If this happens, then Donald Trump will be President... he may win regardless.

Yesterday was the worst since 2022.

Let's see what today brings.

ROCKSS and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I disagree. People should never be rewarded for breaking the law. If people want to self-deport and apply for an immigration visa with the eventual goal of becoming a citizen, go for it. No citizenship because you got away with being an illegal immigrant for long enough.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The citizenship wouldn't be because they got away with it. It would be because they've contributed for long enough and established connections, and ties to the nation.

7. StupidMoniker

Nook's only requirement was that they have been in the USA long term. That is literally just getting away with being an illegal immigrant. If there is some great meritorious service (like they won a Silver Star as a Marine Raider), then we can talk about some special dispensation. Just avoiding deportation for X years doesn't deserve a reward.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If you have been in the nation a long time and are still here, odds are favorable that you contributed and established ties.

9. adoo

adoo Member

The irony is rich !!!

This is the same hypocrite who, for the office of the POTUS, would vote for
    • a convicted Felon

that is similar to Reagan's historic Amnesty executive order in 1986 , which granted amnesty to over 3 million undocumented residents,

#8529 adoo, Aug 6, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
    ROCKSS likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

Supporting Member

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What's in a crop? Nice.

12. StupidMoniker

As previously stated, I will be voting for the Libertarian candidate, Chase Oliver. I disagree with him on abortion, but he is pretty solid everywhere else.
    Yes, one of many areas of disagreement between Reagan and myself.

#8532 StupidMoniker, Aug 6, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2024
    Nook likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

Supporting Member

Nook, No Worries, ROCKSS and 2 others like this.
  14. KingCheetah

Supporting Member

15. KingCheetah

Supporting Member

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No it won't inflation is not real right now, it is price gouging, the economy is going fine, and Trump's when he left was way way worse.

People that only worry about their own pocket book are a major problem they are narcissistic assholes.

Voting for your wallet is Jr. High level thinking.

DD

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

18. KingCheetah

Supporting Member

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Slipping out of a vagina shouldn't give you a reward also by the logic of meritocracy. In fact making the hike and living life on hard mode such as doing things like paying into social security with payroll taxes from your fake social security number the government won't check for validation unless benefits roll out which means they will never get what they paid into means they would deserve it more than the average American citizen who's only qualification was slipping out of a vagina.

So you wouldn't be a US citizen because you didn't do enough. Did you serve? My qualification is you have to have to have been shot at by a foreign enemy of the United States. It's arbitrary... Like yours.

20. StupidMoniker

Every country in the world has generational citizenship. With the global legal landscape as it exists, there just isn't a feasible way to have the vast majority of the world be stateless.
    My qualification is the current law with a special nod to people who have gone over and above in terms of service. I have not been in the military, but I have been in public service for many years, yes. I wouldn't have an issue if we limited citizenship to those who have served (a la Starship Troopers), though I imagine you wouldn't be very happy about it. The vast supermajority of service members are not exactly your political allies. You get along better with people that have never had a full time job and complain about requirements that they show up on time at Little Ceasars.