1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kai Jones is available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 12, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't think it is much different, they are both questionable character and you have to weigh the positives vs the negatives.....the DV is the difference and that didn't exist before Sept, and that separates them, but in the end, lots of headcases have been successful in the NBA....our very own MadMax was a nut job.

DD

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Has DD advocated for getting Bridges yet?

SteveFrancis3 and javal_lon like this.
  3. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He is not a center - I don't advocate for getting guys accused of DV - I am looking for a center, but the usual suspects are in focusing on the poster rather than the basketball discussion.

DD

hlmbasketball likes this.
  4. jb86

jb86 Member

I think from here on out, we are only taking high character guys. No more immature foolishness in Houston.

topfive likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Alpi breakout season confirmed!

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's because the sane ones among us are busy praying that Stone doesn't waste a second round pick to acquire Jones, then demand that Udoka anoint him the team's head honcho.

#66 topfive, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    Pistol Pete and YOLO like this.
  7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Agreed, love Alpi, but we need a rim protector backing him up at times to give him a break from foul trouble.

Here BTW is a list of NBA players who have faced DV charges:

https://www.ranker.com/list/athletes-charged-with-domestic-violence/people-in-sports

1. Miles Bridges
    2. Rodions Kurucs
    3. Kevin Porter Jr.
    4. Dennis Rodman
    5. Rasheed Wallace
    6. Jason Kidd
    7.Bernard King

Just to name some of them.

DD

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Not the GOAT, the King of NY Bernard King?? So, basically you're saying it can happen to anybody? Which is what I said all along.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nope, not "anybody." Just guys who think that hitting women is okay and lament that the law doesn't allow it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Dudes here thinking you just add players as if this was 2k.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Who is saying that? He is a Free Agent......doesn't cost us anything - man you guys are reaching just to criticize the poster.

I wasn't sure either, just noticed a big center with major athleticism had come up on the FA market and asked if we should take a look.

You know, basketball talk.

DD

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not anyone, but it is common and most players don't get ousted from the league and most go on to have productive careers........I don't condone it, and I think we should cut ties.

DD

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Didn't realize they'd already waived him. So Stone doesn't even have to give away a pick to acquire another broken "But I can turn him into a star!" player to soothe his fragile ego. Great.

Here's my basketball discussion, DD: Thanks to KPJ's summer vacation, Phase 2 of this rebuild now carries with it a publicly acknowledged culture rebuild. That means you don't bring in head cases, and definitely not ones that average 3 points a game. Sure, Jones has potential, but that cuts both ways: he's also got the potential to screw up chemistry by virtue of his nutcase personality.

Besides, this team already has all the potential it needs. The only thing we should be adding are hard-working team oriented players, even at the end of the bench.

yixiixiy likes this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, you don't think Dillion Brooks has the ability to screw up chemistry? Lol

He showed it in the first pre-season game. We just paid him $80MM. Just like I said before, a lot of players in the NBA, NFL and NBL have issues. We just don't see them all because their perspective organizations are keeping them hidden.

Im a Rocket fan through and through but I bet everything I love, if KPJ's girlfriend had not ran to the police, he would still be on the Rockets today.
    Is it right, NO! But its what is happening in the leagues.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

And to those on the board that are still harping on KPJ, he's gone! We have to now worry about Dillion Brooks. Can he stay on the court? Will he be suspended? Will his acts weigh on the team and ruin chemistry?

#76 hlmbasketball, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    DaDakota likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, must be mental midgets, it does not happen to everyone.

topfive and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Obviously the OP has not caught onto the "changing the culture" theme. He needs to go back and listen to all of the interviews between then and now. How many times was the word culture brought up from Ime, Clyde and Dream at the open practice??? Those days are over.

topfive and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Being a criminal who is not a real man and therefore hits women doesn't "happen to" someone. It takes actively becoming violent.

Richie_Rich, topfive and Believe It! like this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Bernard King is one of the most stand up players to ever play in the NBA. Not saying the act of DV is right but if it can happen to him, what makes you think it can't happen to one of these younger players, who is not as intellectually endowed as a Bernard King?