1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kai Jones is available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 12, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

very different in Europe

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, I suspect that is one of the reasons you moved your company to the USA...lol.

DD

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Some things I’ve believed in or learned managing people for a long time now:
    • We are who are ACTIONS say we are, not our words. I will never believe for a second someone who tells me they have changed unless they have proven it with consistency. It is never worth taking the risk to bring them in otherwise.
    • “Everyone deserves a 2nd chance”. This is such an entitled BS statement. No one DESERVES a 2nd chance, you go out and effin earn it and then others DECIDE whether you truly earned one from them. The moment anyone tells me that for themselves, I pass on them.
    • One bad apple can quickly bring down the most stable, structurally sound building like a house of cards extremely quickly. Repressed negativity like envy and greed are quick to surface and slow to be rid of.
    • You kill bad culture by bringing in people with consistent high culture. You don’t subvert that by doing the opposite again.

raining threes, xaos, topfive and 5 others like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is it no risk? You risk disrupting the chemistry the team has by bringing in a malcontent and team cancer. The entire NO team unfollowed him after he took shots at his teammates for no reason. KPJ and Dillon Brooks are different cuz their teammates were OK with them or loved them. Brooks and Zaire Williams had a photosession after the game holding each other's jersey. That's stark contrast to Lamelo and Co. unfollowing Kai Jones lmao.

I understand Kai Jones is talented but he is also egotistical and arrogant on top of being crazy. He'll never be a star cuz he calls himself the goat right now and has #goatlife on his posts. Acts like Johnny Manziel with infinite money glitch. You think a guy like that has the work ethic to reward you for taking the risk on him? Lmao.

And all this is assuming he isn't high on drugs or some ****. Cuz tbh I think he is on something hard the way he drew with crayons all over his walls and was speaking gibberish in his livestream.

raining threes and xaos like this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think it’s pretty clear he’s just saying things for shock value at this point.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not at all, we need a backup center, look under every rock....that is literally the job of the GM.

DD

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If you look at this team and what has gone on over the last couple years and think that Kai Jones is the best answer we can come up with, then we just agree to disagree.

I personally at this point (if we can’t trade for a clear upgrade) would use Boban and Smith for the 16 min a game Alpi doesn’t play.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Kai Jones isn't good and he's got issues.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Look, where did I say he is the BEST answer? I have no idea, I am saying we should take a look to see......we have some scrubs that will never play on this team or in the league on the roster, drop a couple and let's take a look at some guys.

Kai Jones, Miles Leonard, or neither...and someone else.

My point is more of a global one, we should be turning over every rock.

That is all.

Please define those issues and how exactly you know what they are? Do you know him? Are you associated with the Bobcats? How do you know?

DD

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wai Jones?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

12. Dredd

Dredd Member

Kai’s a drug addict? We had James Harden, Terrence Jones, Lawson.

we can sign him.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

People are stupid on social media - you can't look at any of that - you don't have context.

The entire NBA smokes pot.

DD

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yes that’s totally normal social media behavior for a professional. He’s just goofing around that’s all.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Do you actually think that the organization didn’t have a conversation about it? That is where your argument doesn’t make a lot of sense. You are either saying people/organizations are ****** for notconsidering it or they are ****** for not doing it. There is a difference.

So because people don’t agree with you, they are not thinking, “globally”. It makes 0 sense.

i’ve considered it, don’t like it, and I’m not a p***y.

This seems to be the opinion of the majority of the BBS, and every general manager in the league.

so maybe you are the issue?

topfive likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Cut him some slack! He's just a kid having fun! He's only 18! 19! 20! 21! 22!

raining threes and robbie380 like this.
  17. raining threes

I dont understand why DD would be willing to die on the Kai hill.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cancer is sneaky. Root beer is insidious. Keep Kai Jones out of this lockerroom.

We are finally free of all the dorks. (On the Rockets, not Clutchfans...)

Anyone who said the same of guys like Larry Sanders, Nerlens Noel, Hassan Whiteside, Christian Wood, etc, was proven correct. Stay away. All hands on deck developing our rookies that are both talented and disciplined.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

@DaDakota - one for you.

What could possibly go wrong :D.

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member