1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Kahn] McGrady Needs to Shut Up and Play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Oct 1, 2008.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But that's the NBA finals, and Shaq has many playoff series victories that you can glorify.

The TmacNation loves to glorify the first round playoffs like they were watching Michael Jordan winning a championship. Even worse, they glorify Tmac in Orlando, which has nothing to do with Houston..ever.. til we all die.. Houston <> Orlando

So I'm tired of Tmac in Orlando, and I'm tired of 1st Round playoff loses.

you get me? I'm a Rocket fan who has the very best win championships and I've seen people here dismiss those teams, then I get people glorifying the teams that choke every year?

Please dude. raise your standards, its not acceptable cause the Rockets are an organization with a rich history and our team is very talented to be satisfied with first round loses.

Its not Ok to glorify first round choke jobs. We were pissed that we lost to Utah in the WCF, now its ok to lose as long as Tmac gets lots of points?

NO. NEVER.

2. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Poor idiot. here is a fact to chew on. tracy mcgrady has the 6th highest PER(playerEffeciency) in the history of the nba. 24.66. only jordan, mikan, oneal duncan and olajuwon have better numbers.

3. bbjai

bbjai Member

To be honest, I don't think T-mac has achieved anything in the playoffs. Not with Houston, not with Orlando,

I just don't understand this incessant hate on him. There is a guy on our team called Yao Ming who clearly has not achieved anything in the playoffs either. Its arguable to say that he has done even LESS then T-mac in the playoffs. But we don't get this type of stuff hitting his headlines. I just don't get it, I've never glorified Tracy McGrady's playoff performances, I just want the hating to stop. Its ridiculous that there are threads and threads of this when both of our stars have one way or another clearly disappeared or not stepped up their game in the playoffs. Yet we destroy one for telling the truth, that his body is injured. Its not like McGrady was lying, its not like his making up some excuse. The dude has been more then open with his injuries. In fact at some points you can say he came back too early. Take his bloody bone bruise last season. Its a harsh injury, its not some simple sprain tendon. Yet he was destroyed on these boards. No one destroyed Yao Ming over his broken leg why should we continually nag McGrady over his injuries. Quit the slagging, quit talking about injuries and just talk about basketball. Both of them are scheduled to make the season start at the moment so nothing should be even debated.

4. Trisha

Trisha Member

I guess his meaning is please don't too much bash t-mac,as if that's all his fault,as if he's choke in the playoffs and that was the biggest thing let me down.since "it's take five",then don't over glorify one man or blame all on one man.but some guys seem to just wouldn't admit anything good about t-mac( see the playoff per post).
    like tracy said last year,as a so-called superstar,best player,leader,etc.you get the most credit when you win,then of course you have to take on the most heat (yes ppl need to vent heat) when you lose.
    so...would rather accept this reality and just go on the way than try to change ppl's habit of thought.

5. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

You still dont why the hate. yao fans like to degrade tracy to make yao look like better. and others do it but it's a cool thing to do.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Before the 92/93 season, Olajuwon failed to get out of the first round in 5 of his 7 seasons. And, as you have rightly said, his teams that did get past the first round were among the most talented teams in Rockets history.

So, after 4 straight years of post-season failure, many so-called fans jumped ship. Many were even fed up with Olajuwon and wanted him gone. But I take it you were not one of those fans? No, you saw past the defeats and understood how heroicly Dream had played despite his teams being decimated by suspensions and injuries. And for you and others like you, those that never waivered in their admiration and respect for Olajuwon, the championships were that much sweeter.

Let's recognize how valiantly T-Mac, and even Yao to a degree, have played in the playoffs despite the deficit in talent and health. They are not Olajuwon, not in the same league. But just as real fans did not turn away from the Dream when he excelled in defeat, nor should we with our current stars.

#186 durvasa, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

McG fans love to use their own standards to justify his awesomeness and reserve the right to change them. ;)

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Despite Tinman's regular advertisement of being a true fan, I view him as a typical what have you done for me lately fan. At least that is what I get from his constant reminders that McGrady and Yao are losers (first round exits) and his penchant for reliving legends (championships). Maybe it exists but I've never seen a post of his say he believes in them.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i don't blame tinman. all fans, in general, have the mentality of "what have you done for me lately?" and i don't blame him for putting our championship rockets among the eternal gods. hakeem is up there for me. i judge every other rocket players who come along with hakeem.

right now, let's be real, tracy and yao are not even remotely close to having the same impact on this organization as the dream.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Why should anyone believe in Tracy McGrady? Do Wile E. Coyote fans really expect him to catch the Road Runner?

11. t_mac1

again, i'm sure tinman wil put tmac and yao among the gods if they won too. tinman's criticisms are fair. he just wants the team to win. and it's frustrating that they haven't, particularly with the injuries.

antisonic's criticisms are just pure hatred.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not sure what world you live in. Most of us don't reside in a Looney Tunes cartoon.

13. t_mac1

funny how you don't post the rest of the stats and actually watch the games. i never said tmac played historic basketball did I? and those numbers you posted showed that.

but the other numbers you forgot to post
    06-07 - 25ppg, 5rpg, 7apg, 2spg, 1bpg, with 2 25+ pt and 13+ast games (where he was absolutely dominant in games 5 and 7)

07-08 - 27ppg, 8rpg, 7apg, 1.5spg, and nearly led a comeback on the road with alston AND yao out in game 6.

it's funny you forgot those #s.

i can post lebron's playoff #s the past few years. his shooting percentages are identical to tmac's the past 2 playoffs. are you saying you think lebron SUCKED too? and disregard his other stats?

all i'm saying is tmac has been our best playoff performer in the past 4 years (3 playoffs). i don't think anybody can refute that.

14. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

15. weidong082004

weidong082004 Member

A player who has the 6th highest PER(playerEffeciency) in the history of the nba never passed the first round in playoffs at his 11 years of career. That is a joke. Everyone will laught at it except you Tmac lover. You are crazy. Just a r****d.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't care about Tmac's stats. never have. I didn't care about Juwan Howard's stats either, which many here thought he would average 17.7 points a game here. where are you suckers hiding now?

I only care that when they show those NBA commericals 'where ___ happens'
    it doesn't show Tmac in pain and defeat.

We shouldn't be satisified with meaningless stats. the only meaningful stat is the ring.

by the way we had home court advantage the last two years and in 2007 we were healthy and favored to win. its not like we're overachieving, we're choking.

#196 tinman, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

I thanked God when Ron Artest was announced for the Rockets. Thank him.

This is like when we realized that we couldn't win a championship with Steve Francis as our main option. Now we realize that Tmac and Yao couldn't get pass the first round. We have to bring in someone else to at least give us hope.

18. weidong082004

weidong082004 Member

Understood. Tmac lovers only want to say Tmac is the best, even maybe the best only in the team, even the best always shooted so bad and never had a success in the playoffs.

It seemed that Tmac likes to make a excuse, and so does his lovers. Very funny.

I would never say yao is the best center before he

19. t_mac1

who is saying tmac is the best? i'm saying he has played "WELL" in the playoffs. that's a far cry from proclaiming he's the best, which he isn't.

i find it funny these guys just can't find a way to just say, "hey, tmac has played well for us in the playoffs."

20. t_mac1

i completely agree. it is extremely frustrating.