1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kahn Confirms Al Jefferson Rumors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coldsweat, Jun 26, 2010.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Al Jefferson isnt an old man, hes 25 years old... so no, not really.

2. Chamillionaire

as much as AJ intrigues me, i can't get elton brand out of my head every time i think about jefferson.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LI8PFLRSjVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LI8PFLRSjVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

First, I think Al Jefferson's true position is C. He plays on the low block and defensively doesn't have the agility to play quick PFs. So any team looking for Al, is looking for a 5 man with scoring ability.

And right now, if I am a team looking for that, I jump on Al right away. His stock is at an all time low. Classic buy low scenario. I know Al is coming off an ACL injury the season before last, but sometimes with those things it takes almost 2 full seasons to heal. Just a hunch, but I bet he will be back to playing top quality ball this up-coming season.

Al Jefferson will be had by some team for very cheap and that team will be happy and eventually the Wolves will again look like idiots for throwing him away for such a cheap price.

1 person likes this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Agree, I say the Rockets should take him. Did he not light us up every time we played them? At least the ones I saw.

6. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

repped

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

yea makes no sense to me either

8. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

thank you Captain Obvious ;)

[​IMG]

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's because of mismatches.

By your logic, we should never even consider Dwight Howard on this team, but should give all our monies to Mehmet Okur, because he does well against us.

AJ would be a great addition to our team though, assuming Minny doesn't try to rip us.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you followed Minny at all you'd know Al J is a horrible center. Freaking "Epic fail" horrible. Its basically what cost Kurt Rambis' predecessor his job. Al J is undersized to begin with, put him at center and it becomes more apparent. He's Carl Landry suckage on D and rebounding, and it further exposes him when he has to play centers instead of the somewhat shorter PFs.

As for Kahn he's lost touch with reality. He's enamored with getting BPA's at the cost of overloading his roster with the same positions (basially forwards and pgs), but since he always asks for too much nobody wants to trade him the pieces he needs. The result is he keeps on wasting the draftpicks he's been given, and honestly he's already had quite a lot.

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Didn't know where to post this.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/w...8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Signing Gay would have made a whole lot more sense if Kahn didn't go all out for wings in the draft. I don't like that Kahn is also planning on overpaying Gay to reel him in. However, not many free agents would even consider signing with Minnesota unless they overpay. There is also the fact that Kahn does have to improve the team if he wants to finally sign Rubio.

Just don't do the Al for Gay s&t, that would be just awful.

12. Ketchup&Mustard

Ya Bra, super effing BA. Totally sweet effing MF BA