1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

K.J. McDaniels in the starting lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

While JBB should've been fired yesterday, I do have to say I LOVE the move the coaching staff made and giving this guy a legit chance. I like that they have no issue doing it for a critical game this late in the season, and I hope they consider this if they make the playoffs.

KJ brings some much needed athleticism and defense into the starting rotation, and removing DMo makes sense because he's just not ready yet and isn't real compatible with Dwight in the middle.

If we play the Warriors in the first round, starting KJ is the right thing to do. He seems to be the kind of player that could bother shooters like Curry and Thompson.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

JB should not receive credit for doing something a majority of people have been clamoring for the entire season.

All I want is KJ to get a consistent role next season after they threw away this season. Wasted potential development time.

3. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Is funny because Houston starters haven being outscoring opposing starting is the bench who have such.

And dmo is always a +.

Kj should have take Brewer minutes not Dmo

1 person likes this.
  4. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

JJ Barrea is dominating you? Have some pride.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've been pushing for him to get more minutes almost all season.

I have to say, it is idiotic of JB to make the change for this game. The Rockets have been playing well and D-Mo has been decent against Dirk in the past. Why the hell now? Give him Brewer's minutes, sure, but insert him into the starting line up in such a critical game?

Fine line between ballsy and stupid.

Anyways, looks like it's going well so far. Fingers crossed.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wait, we should start KJ and Ariza together? And no PF. Is that what you guys want?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

This was a good matchup for them to do that. If this was a younger dirk and with their full lineup they wouldn't have been able to do it.

8. heypartner

So, DMo is not capable of abusing an old Nowitzki in the low post? Is that what you are saying? So go small instead?

9. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

JB? Play KJ more, but dont start him over DMo. WTF!?!

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Have ü seen dmo recently? This isn't the same dmo we saw last year. He's been out of the game for over a year. That dmo isn't going to show up this season. He definitely needs an offseason to get back into things

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

He shouldn't have started. I don't like the small ball with Ariza playing power forward. KJ McDaniels should play important back up minutes behind Ariza. Corey Brewer should have no business playing in the NBA. KJ McDaniels should play all of Brewer's minutes.

12. heypartner

So, you are in favor of benching DMo, and leaving Beasley as sixth man off the bench. You like starting the game with small ball?

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why was DMo not played tonight?

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Kj should be taking all Brewers minutes. There is no point in playing Brewer. This has been evident since early in the season but jb much like his predecessor is not a good coach. But credit to mchale because even he wasn't this damn bad.

Jb is the worst coach I've ever seen in Houston pro sports. Maybe that's not fair to him since he is interim, but clearly whatever he is thinking in his mind is absolute horse ****.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

For this game. It obviously worked didn't it. Not saying I'm in favor of it. I think he did it just bc of this matchup. I don't see that being a permanent move. The game went downhill after the 2nd quarter on that huge run and rockets had to climb back in the 2nd half

Dmo all of a sudden not playing at all is pretty strange. Good chance he is hurting

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

good ****ing question..

There are reasons why good coaches don't screw up the starting lineup. The whole rotations goes to ****(not that it wasn't **** already). If KJ was going to get more minutes it should have been from the bench and not at the expense of DMO..

JB thought the matchup was bad so he didn't play DMO at all.. could have used DMo's pnr trap defense agasint all world performer JJ Barea...

17. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Stupid move by a stupid ****ing coach.

If he wanted KJ to start, he should have took out Bev, not DMo.

Brewer and Terry should NEVER play again.

I swear if JB is back even as an assistant next year. I won't watch NOT ONE FREAKING GAME at all!

I hate his ****ing ass 100 times more than I ever did McHale, and that's saying a lot!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah starting KJ was nice but it shouldn't mean NOT PLAYING DMO AT ALL, JESUS CHRIST!

Just to troll us more, JBB starts KJ but Brewer AND Terry both still finish with more minutes than him.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol this is hillarious . Our starters had been coming out of the gates quickly the last few games . We've been losing due to the bench and then not playing Dmo at all in the second half . Individual performance aside , he plays the best team defense and is the best ball mover on offense that we could stick with our other 4 . Hence , the winning games early thing . This is what tanking looks like . I'm almost certain that's the plan right now .

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

KJ in . KJ out

Bickerstaff the moron.