1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG saying "we could very easily have 3 championships"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LAYGO, Apr 30, 2017.

1. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

What was funny was he was saying "WE" as in Houston during recent broadcast (I think Cs vs . Mark Jackson said "congrats on winning the draft Coach".

JVG: "Oh ya, we're excited to have DeShaun Watson".

MJ: "Who's this 'we'? Are you French?"

JVG: "Houston! We could easily have 3 championships with the Astros/Texans/Rockets this year."

MJ: "ARE YOU FRENCH? OUI?"

I was laughing.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Eggball Texans babyyy!!!!!

3. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Any way we can get JVG on Rockets broadcast team like Mike Breen does for the Knicks?

napalm06, kevtse, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Get JVG into the Rockets broadcast with Calvin Murphy.

5. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I've always liked JVG (since 2007)

6. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

7. crispy123

crispy123 Member

I was kinda hoping the rockets were going a more football route and hire MDT as an offensive coach and JVG as the defensive coach but alas it did not come to be. I hope in one form or another he joins the rockets family again, maybe as a broadcaster or a coaching staff member.

8. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Is there any reason why he couldn't do Rockets broadcasts part-time? Even he's part of a 3 man booth. With Worrell retiring perhaps they will revamp the announcing crew in some way.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

JVG is French? I've always thought he's Dutch. ;)

11. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Techniquement, on peut gagner 2 championnat cette année et 1 l'année prochaine puisque le super bole sera en 2018. En tout cas, j'aime l'optimisme.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

When he said "we" he meant the Houston Rockets. JVG is not a low IQ idiot like most of y'all to believe that eggball Texans have a chance to win a championship. Only thing they're winning is free HEB food for the unathletic loser JJ Fatt.

Some of y'all maybe new to following the Rockets but JVG predicted Rockets to win the championship the year after Brooks won MIP and we were stacked with Yao in there too. He also predicted us to win championship in 2013/14. I believe that's the 3rd championship he is talking about.

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/5297/jeff-van-gundy-picks-rockets-to-win-it-all/

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

two years defintiely. the stacked one and the year tmac and yao were in the po's with injury seasons. what would the 3rd one be? hopefully not with luther head as our designated shooter

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

oh the one where we got ariza and all those guys? yao was already confirmed out though? i forgot how that offseason went but if tmac and yao were healthy it would've been a different team.

15. LAYGO

JVG was definitely talking about 3 different sports & when he said "we" he meant in reference to Houston. He said something along the lines of "getting a franchise QB with the D the Texans have, they can definitely win a championship", but then went on to say all 3 sports.

I'll see if I can't get a copy of the broadcast & make a clip of it.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

JVG is a ride or die houstonian now

PyroTex likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Absolutely correct post. JVG was just confused and thought the Rockets had drafted a football QB out of Clemson University and were competing for three championships right now.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I will hold my excitement on the Texans. It all depends on how good Watson is.

The Astros and Rockets though have a legit shot at winning a ring within the next 3-5 years if things shake up in their favor.

For the Rockets, they will need to get extremely hot to get past the Spurs and Warriors.

LAYGO likes this.
  19. LAYGO

Yea, I'm not sure how a rookie QB gets us a championship this year. I mean, not everyone is going to be Dak.

I am cautiously optimistic as well.

20. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

For those who don't already know JVG is a huge Texans fan who holds season tickets. I'm surprised ppl in the media still act surprised when JVG refers to any HOU team as "we", he is bias but also fair in his criticism against HOU.