1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG on SPORTS RADIO 610 starting @ 6pm TODAY!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OddsOn, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Hey Stoke....

first...good job...even some of us in Houston dont catch these things when they come on.
    second...how do you record them?..tape or on computer?

if you do it on the computer...we could do the file distribution thing if you want..get in touch with me if your interested.

2. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I record it on the radio by tape.

no problem guys, I actually enjoy typing it out. I just wish I would have caught the whole thing because that first 30 minutes is usually the good stuff.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yeah good stuff bro. I should point out, this isn't the first time Stoke does these nice long recaps. we out of towners appreciate the extra effort

4. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

JVG makes an interesting point about the evolution of the power forward position and it makes me wonder if a tough power forward all the posters on this board crave is something JVG is seeking.

If we do succeed in acquiring a power forward who brings toughness to form a yin yang balance with Yao's skills, we might get stuck with an immobile front line and teams like the Suns would run past us. Juwan isn't the perfect power forward for this team, but he is mobile for a big man. In this way, he does form a yin yang balance with Yao, just not the kind we're looking for. We need to exercise caution in searching for another power forward so we don't trade one yin yang balance for another.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

nice recap stoke, you even got those van gundy "uhs" in there. :) he says it before almost every sentence it seems, it's just really subtle until you hear him for too long. i like jvg, the way he talks i imagine if we win a championship one of these days he'll be the most relieved person in the world, till the next season of course.

6. The Hungarian Rocket

Hey Texas Stoke, thanks man! Nice recap.

7. aries323

aries323 Member

TXstoke... thkx bud

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

His comments were interesting, seems his preference is for a mobile, athletic big man in the mold of a Stromile Swift with an outside shot. Good luck in finding that guy, if I was JVG I would get someone like SAR, slightly less athletic than Swift but with better range on his shot and can put up good RB numbers.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Soon to be free agent Shareef Abdur-Rahim? Sounds like his resume - a "3" with quickness and rebounding.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dave cowens?

11. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

He also talked about Larry Johnson when he was with the Knicks. Said he asked LJ to 1>Defend 2>Rebond 3>Offense in that order and LJ said "OK coach" and did it. He sort fo eluded that he would like to have a PF with this similar type of mentality to put next to Yao.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I love the points made by JVG regarding our offensive system in the championship days. He's absolutely right. It's not easy to run the same play successfully over and over. Just like no other team can run the pick&roll with the amount of success Jerry Sloan can do. Our championship teams had just the right role players who knew exactly how to complement the star(or stars in our 2nd run).

And it looks like we've almost found the best mix of role players to complement Yao/T-Mac now, a PF with enough athleticism to rebound notwithstanding. Makes me pumped up for the future of the team.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

TXStoke, you da man!

Wish we had streaming on 610 to hear his interview... :(

14. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

in time young padawan. Infinity started streaming 11 stations and we are in the cue...

15. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Great news for out of towners, thanks Chance

16. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Aren't capitalism and market competition great?? :D
    ~cough~ ESPN 790 ~cough~ :)

17. roswell raygun

Considering our track record with aging ex-Knicks, our next power forward might be Larry Johnson.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we already had oakley....we have deke....LJ would actually make us younger.

19. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

1. Memphis Grizzlies
    2. Don Chaney
    3. Dale Ellis
    4. 7

Coach got 2 and 3 correct. He guessed Clippers for #1 and 6 for #4.