1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG on James Harden and Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Dec 17, 2020.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

Interesting take from our former and almost 2-time Head Coach....

Deckard, Jturbofuel, Ramo$e and 12 others like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Would love a transcript since I can't listen. Either way, seems like Harden is getting along with Coach Silas just fine.

glynch, Patience and riko like this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jeff is a real one. Silas > Harden.

Ramo$e, DVauthrin, Jontro and 5 others like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

“The article, if true, is so different than what I’m accustomed to as far as dealing with NBA players.”

“Every player who wields power in our league, yes, they can do certain things. They need to ask themselves should they do that? Is it the right thing for the team? When a star player has selflessness, that sets you up for team chemistry. Team chemistry helps you elevate your team’s game as far as the talent allows. That doesn’t mean you will win a championship but it’ll allow you to maximize the talent at hand and enjoy the year. We all overlook the fact we want to work in jobs where we’re valued, where we’re excited to go to work and are happy. When you have chemistry, that’s what it allows you to do. Conversely the opposite is true. You may win and it may be miserable and that is absolutely zero fun.”

“Harden is the only one who can answer about his level of commitment about why he did what he did.”

“If you don’t get along with Stephen Silas, you’re the jerk.”

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He knew everything that was going on.

Reports are Harden didn't want him as coach.

He says that it's a matter of when not if Harden is gone.

I'm so ready for Ben Simmons, Matisse Thybulle and no expectations.

Instead we get Harden and no expectations that will eventually turn into false hope.

gatsby, JW86, Jontro and 7 others like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Whos not getting along with Silas? Not James. He's been very courteous about "Coach" and has not hesitated in talking complimentary of him.

Just more propaganda and click bait sensationalism.

Rocket River, Nook and justtxyank like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

I agree Silas said just as much in his presser

Patience likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Some of us enjoy false hope though. Just saying.

My uncle, may he rest in peace, always use to give me a hard time how ****ing optimistic I was every single season. I'm waiting for the day the Rockets win the championship so I can go dance on his grave. I'm sure he's still mocking me from upstairs.

Deckard, ico4498, FrontRunner and 4 others like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

JVG

'I dodged a bullet.'

Dacamel, gatsby, bmelo and 4 others like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I like false hope too but man, Harden has to buy in 100% for this team to have any shot at all. I can't see him doing it. I'm guessing everything he's done so far is to create a facade that he's focused so that his trade value can be raised.

DVauthrin and ElPigto like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's sacrilegious though but I hope he sees from afar that with a good culture and a new start, the campaign would get back on track.

ElPigto likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He'd sign up for the job right now.

34to11, DVauthrin, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Hopefully he's offered a basketball operations job next season. Stone is a brilliant GM but we need someone a bit more relatable to run operations. So let Stone play the Elton Brand role and let JVG be Morey.

He clearly just wants to work for the Rockets.

@Nook has the best idea.

Keep JVG/ Silas as the pillars of this franchise for the foreseeable future. Create a real culture.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. Your uncle was right.

Optimism in sports is a curse. It's our cross to bear.

Deckard, CCity Zero, Kim and 2 others like this.
  15. justtxyank

Wrong. Listen to the video. He didn't say anything about James not getting along with Silas. They asked him what he thought of Silas being HC since JVG almost got the job and JVG went on to praise Silas. He's known him since he was a kid and just thinks the world of him, such a wonderful person, everyone loves him, etc.

Deckard, Dacamel, gatsby and 12 others like this.
  16. justtxyank

100%

I've said this as well. The Rockets would do themselves a huge favor by getting someone like JVG in a visible role.

Deckard, Dacamel, DVauthrin and 4 others like this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Oh no I know .. that was aimed at the pitchfork and torches crew who wont be satisfied until Harden is crucified on pay per view and want to insinuate that this topic was about Harden in some way.

justtxyank and clos4life like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm convinced that while Harden is here, he is locked in. After all, if he doesn't get traded, then he just wasted another year of his prime. I'm sure in his mind, he is going to go out there and hoop and attempt to win with this group since it's not a done deal that he is truly going to get traded. After all, I'm sure he and his mother understand that the Rockets have the leverage in this current situation.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I want JVG around the Rockets as much as anyone, but does he deserve that sort of role. I never seen him for more than a coach. I mean I am definitely willing to give him a try just because he loves Houston that much and I have a weakness for those that love Houston that much (hell I am willing to cut Caboclo to keep Gerald Green around, even though I know that's the wrong decision).

Dacamel, roslolian and daywalker02 like this.