1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG coming up at 4pm...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aprasla, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

WHAT media? How about better coverage, and then talk about the "media," being in Van Gundy's lap, with all due respect. Hey, this read like something out of a thread or two in GARM. Nice to see Van Gundy seems to see Battier playing a lot at the 4, as some of the rest of us do. No surprise about the 4/5 comment, but a tidbit about when we might do something about it.

Thanks for the recaps, guys!

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Member

Battier getting playing time at the 4 will depend on Snyder stepping up at the 2. If he is a bust, I expect the best team JVG can put out there is Tracy at the 2, Battier at the 3 and Juwan at the 4. JVG has the same reservations as me about why 2 teams would give up on a guy on a rookie contract if he had any potential at all. Lets hope that Snyder has a case of contract year syndrome and has a breakout year.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

That's good to hear coming from you. Keep us updated.

BTW, would you care to give us an updated report on what's going on in the workouts, who is doing what?

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

I'm thinking of atleast 4 threads I should be bumping now.

5. BigM

BigM Member

it's the slow part of the offseason so we didn't get much in this interview, but i'd love to have a van gundy hour with charlie on 790. both guys are very intelligent and we'd get some mighty fine basketball talk.

about the interview, i think he said the 5hr video of battier was exclusively of him playing the four, not just of him playing period.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Does anyone remember which writer speculated that the Rockets had heavy interest in Thabo. I think the article appeared during the middle of the season.

Funny thing about Thabo is that his skillset is similiar to Battier's, ie Defense, 3pt shooting, Mr. Intangibles.

7. OddsOn

OddsOn Member

Lets see....hard nosed, stickler for details, not always beloved by the media, tough but fair and truthful with his players, winners, should I continue?

On a side, as far as Phil Jackson goes (if that is who you were referring to) he couldn't hold any of those guys jocks. If he was any good he would have won titles the two years the MJ was retired. I mean he only lost one player right?
    Kobe is the guy in La right? Lets see how far he goes with him, I don't think it will be to a championship win.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I posted in another thread he didn't mention anything about sura when discussing the guard rotation.

10. edc

edc Member

Nonsense. The Houston media loves Mister Van Gundy to a level that is almost unprofesional.

The 610 guys all break into "You Light Up My Life" at the mere mention of the initials.

Well, that rules out Mister "No championships ever, Failed to make the playoffs last season, and twice out in the First Round" Van Gundy in Houston.

#30 edc, Aug 23, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  11. edc

edc Member

Any contribution from Sura should be viewed as a bonus.

In all likelihood, the guy is done as an NBA player, and should he grit it out enough to get back on the court, those sticks are on borrowed time from day one.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

Phonograph Recording, Meet Crack