1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JV about to show the world he's on Dwight Howard level

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Normalus, Jul 31, 2014.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

not if he fouls himself out stupidly lot of times

2. nobie

nobie Member

Jonas cant jump, but really, he doesnt need to, he is taller + have longer arms (i think he has) than Dwight. So really he doesnt need jump high to dunk or block somebody.. also Jonas has really soft touch around the rim and is actually great FT shooter at about 80%. Anyway, Jonas is still young and his stats from 2nd season are very comparable to DH. He's gonna be great player.

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Your probably right but it's also the angle of the picture, your not seeing a full side shot of the arm which is where it would look the biggest. Still, your probably right, his arms need work. Anyway, he's a basketball player, not a bodybuilder so I doubt he's worrying as much.

4. ShawnKemp40

ShawnKemp40 Member

NO WAY is right....

Hibbert is not 7'6 350 as the fake pic is trying to show here.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... This extra muscles thing hasn't worked out so well so far. Not on Dwight Howard's level.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's developing much slower than I thought he would, he still looks lost sometimes out there.

but then again the emergence of Demar and Lowry is making the team more guard focused, and the random improvement from A mur Johnson is also taking touches away from Jonas.

But then again they have the best record in the NBA, don't fix what's working I guess.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wish DMo was on JV's level.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Vucevic is getting closer to Dwight, but Valančiūnas… not so much. Good player, but not close to the top dog.

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

still 22.. not a good fantasy draft pick..

but I have hope that the raptors will run into problems with small ball and find that they NEED to dump the ball to the monster big

he needs reps and touches to feel comfortable out there.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

JV was never ever going to be on Howard's level. Howard right out of high school was an athletic freak. JV will never ever come close to Howard's vertical, mobility, strength etc. It will never ever be close.

11. omgTHEpotential

You're right. Dwight's athleticism is just on another level. Skill-wise though, JV is going to be a better offensive player. He's got a nice touch and hit's free-throws at 80%+ clip.

12. vegajf

vegajf Member

Yep, I agree