1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice League vs. The Avengers vs. X-Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, May 28, 2012.

Tags:
?

Who would win?

1. Justice League

50 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. The Avengers

23 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. X-Men

35 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Screw you all! Us Canadian Alpha Flight can kick the crapola out of any other super teams.

Alpha Flight FTW!!

[​IMG]

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That was one sentence among about a thousand in my post. And I wasn't even arguing that DC is better than Marvel; only that it wasn't stupid, as the stupid people in this thread keep saying.

3. Batman Jones

I also bought every single issue of Alpha Flight the day it was released in the stores. I don't read Marvel anymore (I actually find modern Marvel dull as hell) but probably nobody here has read more Marvel comics than me. I have owned thousands in my life (including FF #3). I'm not anti-Marvel. Just trying to put things in perspective, to the extent that an argument about superhero comics and the idea of perspective can even exist in the same sentence.

4. Batman Jones

You=Denny Crane

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Over all I have to agree. I've seen a few DC movies recently (my only interaction with DC other than their movies to be honest) and they're very good. There are some really good Marvel ones though. I really enjoyed Planet Hulk and Ultimate Avengers.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You're right, it was just one sentence and pretty much the only one i had an issue with :p

Everything else you said was spot on. I agree DC isn't stupid. They've put out great comics and most likely Superman/Batman will be remembered well after all other superheroes. I just don't find a lot of what they put out to be interesting.

7. Batman Jones

If you ever still read and enjoy comics, I'd highly recommend checking out any DC title written by Scott Snyder or Jeff Lemire. Let's remember, creators make good comics -- not companies and not characters.

For good old-fashioned superhero stuff, you can't do better than Aquaman, written by Geoff Johns and beautifully illustrated by Ivan Reis, the inheritor to Neal Adams' crown.

The last 9 issues of Wonder Woman have probably been the best 9 of her entire history.

And Batman has never been in better hands, with Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo on the regular title and Grant Morrison and Chris Burnett on Batman Inc.

Meanwhile, Lemire's Animal Man and Justice League Dark are as good as comics get.

You might give a few of these another chance. If you're a comic fan that's never been into DC, they made this relaunch for you.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Didn't Batman supposedly beat Superman ...as if, but if so then J.L. for me

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm on board with this post.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Alright, I'll take your word for it and give it a shot sometime. If you had to recommend one DC title since the relaunch for someone who hasn't read a DC comic in like ten years what would it be?

11. Batman Jones

If you're more into superheroes, Batman, Aquaman or Wonder Woman.

But some of the best books right now are a little weirder. My favorite is Animal Man, followed closely by Justice League Dark (starting with the most current issue - new writer) and Swamp Thing.

If I had to pick one, Batman by Scott Snyder. It also won best new series in a recent comic awards thing. Start with last September's #1 or with the first trade which just came out collecting 1-6. There are only 9 issues so far. You can also get them digitally at dccomics.com.

But each of the other ones I mentioned are great in very different ways. If you enjoyed any of those, I could recommend about 10 more as that's about how many I get each month.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Cool i'll try reading some animal man when I get some more free time. I've kind of wanted to read some Batman lately anyways, so I'll look into that as well. Thanks for the recommendations

13. Batman Jones

My pleasure.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Justice League would win because Superman is indestructible, that's what makes him so boring. Superman could probably beat all 3 of those teams by himself. Worst hero ever (Comicbook Man voice).

15. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I'm sorry SwoLy-D, B-Bob and Rocket River but Superman Prime's abilities are difficult for me to comprehend :p

Imagination FTW! :grin:

16. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

Son Goku pawns them all

[​IMG]

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Damn, why is Wolverine fighting for The Avengers ....SMH

[​IMG]

18. Jamers

Jamers Member

Uchiha Sasuke can take em all..

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I always wondered what would happen if Superman flew into the sun?

Secondly, the Superman vs Darkseid match up is the best there is.

Speed Force mumbo jumbo sounds lame.

Lamest of all is the talk of Batman beating any superhero. Yeah the same Batman who struggles with a penguin, a guy who tells riddles and a crazy comedian.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Justice League, because Superman, Flash, & Martian Manhunter are ridiculously powerful, and it just unfair.

X-Men have a chance with Professor X and Jean using their abilities, but there are ways to block those attacks (Magneto & Juggernaut both have their helmets.