1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice: DM & Alexander didn't want to keep Adelman, coaching search down to two

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 4, 2011.

1. DragonGirl

DragonGirl Member

I do not think Adelman would have a problem with roster turnover in Kevin Martin type trades like you mentioned. Getting a Granger or Iggy for cheap would help the Rockets make the playoffs. Like Carl said, the Williams (I think this is Squid?) and Thabeet trades do not help a team in win-now mode. And it is strange for Morey to add these players who need many minutes for development to a team trying to win now. I guess he thinks a coach better than Adelman can possibly do both. :confused:

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

It is the height of irony that arguably our most valuable player and perhaps our most beloved player, Chuck Hayes, plays the position that is our weak link-- Center.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

OK....

But what if the new coach is better?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

dammit giddyup,

Why did you have to go and depress us like that?

5. thekad

thekad Member

Mike _______

Gonna be a long season :rolleyes:

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

That Boulder lifestyle has made you soft! :eek:

7. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Remind you of the dis-Astros?

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The Rockets are going to select a wimpy coach that is desperate for a job.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Stoudemire? If we had gotten him, he would have high-tailed it to NY. DM made the right call there

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Just because Richard Justice says it will be announced within a week doesn't mean it will be. In fact, that he said it will be within a week means the safe bet is OVER 7 days.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Down to these guys not mentioned then.

Mario
    Sam Cassel
    Lawrence Frank
    Maybe the guy from Cleveland

Would be nice to get Deandre Jordan. Think he should get some decent money enough for the Clippers to think twice about matching.

12. thejav

thejav Member

Please don't let it be mike brown

13. acjeitherocket

hmmmmmmm good info....thx for posting

we'll see what happens...im just glad Karl malone and any1 from the sperms is out

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

The success Memphis is having, the Rockets could have...Alexander sees that. His prideful thoughts probably arent thinking the Rockets need to rebuild.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Nor do I.

If anything, Morey deserves a huge raise for keeping the Rockets interesting despite the plague of injuries that T-Slack and Yao went through.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, this news is just as what we have been speculating. All the "we wanted Rick but couldn't agree on our philosophies" stuff is just PR spins. I AM PISSED TOO. :mad:

17. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I more stunned that Adelman WANTED to comeback and told Morey & Les, and they declined to bring him back. This just baffles me. How can a organization NOT want a winning coach:confused:

Again, I think dismissing Adelman was out of arrogance, more so basketball reasons. I this was a low point for Rocket fans

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I think it was pretty obvious there was a disconnect with the front office and Adelman.

One thing I don't understand is Thabeet -- I get that you're trying to win as many games as you can and make the playoffs. No problems with that. But why would you not play him after you get eliminated from the playoffs? If you're planning on coaching this team again, wouldn't you want to see how he fared against NBA competition in the last few meaningless games? I mean, we won our last game by 19 points, yet Rick stuck to his 8-man rotation. That puzzles me..

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did you get the part that both Alexander and Morey did NOT want Adelman to coach anymore. Morey was surprised that Adelman was so eager to come back.

If they really wanted Adelman, the differences of roster moves could have been resolved. I keep asking, what coach doesn't want better players? And what coach doesn't want a stable rotation?

It's insane to say that Adelman JUST wants a center and JUST wants to get into the playoffs. What Adelman doesn't want is the constant shuffling of rotation players. If Morey could get him a superstar by trading a couple of his rotation guys, I am pretty sure Adelman would have been elated.

And consider the Feigen article yesterday. What turned Adelman off was not the differences about the roster thing, but about asking him to mentor a young coach and then get out of the way. That was the most unreasonable demand of a coach I've heard.

The whole "different philosophy" thing is just BS.

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I don't think that's necessarily true.

From Morey's comments post-Adelman, it seems clear that he believes this roster is not good enough. I think he alluded to them needing to make several more moves to get to where they needed to be. Adelman preferred they make minimal moves and let him have a roster he can fight to the playoffs for. I think that goes back to Clutch's "win now vs. win big" article.