1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#JustAKidFromAkron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2014.

1. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

Did anyone watch the Lebron coming home celebration? Man, really what a story.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/features/lebron-akron-140808

The decision was the "worst" mistake he made and that itself was really not that bad if you look at the decisions of athletes like Josh Gordon or Ray Rice.

I've always been a Lebron fan. His life is family, community, and basketball. No fights, no drugs, no off court issues. Growing up in a single parent household, he stands today as a role model for so many youth in his city.

Even being the most scrutinized player in NBA history, he still gets the job done.

2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

LeOF ?

3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Seemed like a pretty good decision to me considering he won 2 championship and every decent ring chasing vet wants to be on his team now. They couldn't attract top free agents during his 1st stint and Cleveland sucked after he left allowing them to hoard a bunch of #1 picks.

4. conquistador#11

Maury gets snubbed again. Griffin Gm of the year.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

All I gotta say, this is BRILLIANT marketing, he has the nation eating out of his lap right now. LeBron is gonna have a hard time screwing this one up.

6. SidDaKid

SidDaKid Member

Lebron is currently the most beloved athlete in America. It is crazy how quickly his image has been repaired because of his decision to go back.

I am calling it now- Lebron will be owner of the franchise one day.

7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

he's one of the few athletes who have surpassed the hype that was bestowed upon them.

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Did you mean to tweet this?

Couldn't this have gone in one of the other 5 threads regarding LeBron on the front page of the Dish?

This isn't really a topic of discussion--though I'm glad he is a good role model for you.

9. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

When from the most hated to the most loved. Heh.

10. spysta

spysta Member

I think he already owns a significant portion of that team. I believe it was a part of the deal he and Dan made to "bury the hatchet".

Forgiveness? More like 10% of the team upon retirement with the option to buy the team outright later.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Me and the wife were talking about Lebron yesterday and I said that he was so humble he probably didn't own a vanity "ride" like a Bentley or Lamborghini like most NBA stars. So I checked, Ferrari and Porsche.

[​IMG]

#11 tiger0330, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  12. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

If he can afford it, why not buy it? doesn't make you any less humble than the person with a Malibu. Humble comes from not thinking you are better than others, and disrespect others because you are at the top of whatever it may be. I am not a Lebron fan by the way. I had no problem with him in Cleveland, and thought man this guy took a scrub team to the finals.

Then he left for Miami, and it wasn't that he left that bothered me, but the whole Decision, and super team with 3 big stars that bothered me from a Mans standpoint. I feel he bought those championships.

Now he is going back to Cleveland. It may be a marketing thing, or it may not, but he did sound genuine when he described his feelings. You can't fault a man for owning up to his mistakes, you live and you learn, and he ultimately learned. I , again am not a Lebron fan, but a hater, but to say he isn't humble is unfair because I have seen from pics and stories what he does for kids and the community.

1 person likes this.
  13. bobloblaw

You didn't check very thoroughly. He owns a Bentley, Maybach, Rolls Royce among others. Nice try

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

#hashtagsthatarewaytoolong

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Nothing wrong with owning a vanity vehicle if you can afford it. Just don't max out all your credit and stretch yourself thin for it.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I read Dodge Challenger, Camaro and Jeep Wrangler. Guess you're going to have to make the trip to Akron and check out his 6 car garage. Let me know what you find out.

17. bobloblaw

It doesn't require much effort to check multiple sources for your claim. In fact, the front page of Google results for "LeBron James cars" shows that he does not own only these "middle class" vehicles.

Here are a few of his cars:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheap cars are convenient in that they allow for more anonymity in driving around. I could not care less about what cars he owns.