1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just to pass the time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Dec 24, 2011.

1. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Merry Christmas

Let's pretend you are the executive leadership that makes the decision for the team.
    What would you do? Who gets cut? Who gets traded? Who starts?

[​IMG]
    Rules:

1. All trades have to be both legal in regards to the CBA, and they must be realistic.
    (For example- Hill,Thabeet,Flynn,Lin for Howard does work under the CBA due to the Rockets being under the cap and able to absorb the difference in Howards contract, however Otis Smith would be cleaning urinals at the Amway center, if this trade were to go down

2. If you cut a guaranteed contract you should have a good explanation for doing so.

3. If you decide to start a player who isn't considered a starter at this point or bench a player who may be considered a starter, please give a explanation of your logic. (Lowry,Martin,Scola are the only "clear cut" starters that I am aware of)

4. Respect your fellow posters. We all have opinions and while some may be radical or controversial, we all get on here to have fun. It is no fun to be disrespected with derogatory remarks. Converse! Debate! Its what this is here for, right?

5. HAVE FUN!

Here is a link for ESPN's trade machine for those of you who do not know about it.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/trademachine

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

First order of business-- take my talents to South Beach.

3. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Complete rebuild mode and tank for this upcoming draft. Trade Scola, Martin, and any other player that has value to build a future for the team.

4. joesr

joesr Member

Not to bash but this sounds exactly like the trade thread

5. Raven

Raven Member

I'm in!

:)

But this horse is pretty much dead. Nothing to do now but watch the first ten games and see how the roster plays out.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Rockets get:
    Danny Granger
    Bismak Biyambo
    Kemba Walker
    C. Maggette

Pacers get:
    Kevin Martin
    Marcus Morris

Bobcats get:
    Scola
    Lowry
    D. Montajunas

Makes sense for all teams. We gain cap space. Get back young players drafted higher for rebuilding. Take away Magettes contract off of Bobcats hand. Give Pacers Martin to replace Dannys scoring and add Morris for their small forward needs and young player 1st round pick. Bobcats get two best players on Rockets and 1st round draft pick young guy in return for two top 1st round picks from Bobcats. Money matches up.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

One valuable in a deep draft 2012 first round pick if Charlotte needs it to work.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You just took the GARM and made it into one thread :confused:

1 person likes this.
  9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

1. First order in business would be to decline 2012 options on all our 2009 class. This would make them all in their contract years this season. Nice fillers.

2. Dont know how, but trade for Boris Diaw without giving away any core players. We would have to get a 3rd team involved.

3. Try acquire depth behind Dalembert.

4. Keep this line up in tact.

Lowry/Dragic
    Martin/Lee
    Diaw/Reefa
    Scola/Pat
    Sam/?????(Hayes would have been perfect)

This way we can compete hard this season and have cap room options for next season.

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Ouch...

11. jc9495

jc9495 Member

Rockets send Lee, Scola, Flynn and all the picks except the NYK to LA for Pau Gasol.....
    Obviously he's the guy Daryl wants, and along with Dalambert gives us a stout frontcourt on both sides. Plus we keep Martin, and we are a legit contender in the West.
    For LA, they announced yesterday that Devin Ebanks is their starting SF. The youngest, cheapest guy of all 10 of their forwards earned the position. They are very thin after Kobe at SG, hell their back up was Steve Blake who's really a PG, and Darius Morris a rookie, who's also really a PG. C Lee would be a great fit as he could play 3 positions really, and give Kobe adequate rest. Scola would be the new starting PF, and Flynn would push Fisher for the starting spot. All the picks they would get would be paired with Bynum and that's going to get Dwight. It's just a matter of time at this point before he's a Laker.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

If I buy the Rockets, this would be my goal for Morey:

Trade Kevin for Wes Johnson and Anthony Randolph.
    Trade Hill, Patterson, Bud, Flynn and the NYK's 1st for DeMarcus Cousins.
    (Saves me 10mil a year on the trades above).
    Put Scola on the market.

Sammy/Thabeet/Cousin(I)
    Scola/Cousins/Adrien
    TWill/Morris/Randolph/Parsons(I)
    Lee/Johnson
    Lowry/Dragic/Lin

Probably back in the lotto for 2012 with that team and if that is the case, "injuries" take out some starter minutes on the last 15 games for a strong finish to the draft which could net us a very nice player to add to the team. We will be a young team with a bright future and room to grow. Wes or Cousins or 2012 pick could very well turn into the young star(s) we need to begin our rebuild process. And with the money saved from the trades, we have the flexability to pick up other players on hurting teams or FAs next year.

#12 ArtV, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  13. DustinS

Sacramento is in a similar situation as us. They want to combine assets in a package for an upgrade in talent.

I really dont understand what the hate on this thread is for. This is not the same as the trade thread, because its not only about making trades. Free agent signing, chosing a direction for the team, or even cutting a player

14. DustinS

The only people that intrigue me as far as signing would be Pietrus or Nate Robinson. I don't know that they are much of an upgrade if any over what we already have. So I will leave the signings alone.

If a trade could be made I would try to strike a deal with Utah/Indy

Utah Out:
    Al Jefferson
    Devin Harris
    Raja Bell

Utah In:
    Kevin Martin
    Darren Collison
    Chase Budinger

Why: The Jazz are trying to get younger. This moves saves them $7 million this year getting them down below the luxury tax. They rid themselves of Raja Bells contract while they are at it, and clear out their logjam in the front court
    Indiana Out:
    Danny Granger
    Darren Collison

Indiana In:
    Al Jefferson
    Devin Harris
    Johnny Flynn

Why? Indiana is going to have to turn the reins over to George, this allows them to do it
    now rather than later. This is a unique move that allows them to open up playing time for George while still adding some extraordinary talent in Jefferson and Harris. They make a deeper push into the playoffs with a tough front court and tremendous talent in the back court.

Jefferson/Hibbert/Foster/Pendegraph
    West/Hansborough/Admundson
    George/Stephenson
    Hill/Jones
    Harris/Price/Flynn

Houston Out:
    Kevin Martin
    Chase Budinger
    Johnny Flynn

Houston In:
    Danny Granger
    Raja Bell

Why? Martin is on a decline, move him while he still has some value. Morey covets Granger and Martin still seems disgruntled.

Dalambert/Hill/Thabeet
    Scola/Patterson/Adrien
    Granger/Morris/Williams
    Lee/Bell/Williams
    Lowry/Dragic/Lin

I would cut Flynn, if I hadn't trade him. Guarantee or not, Lin has outplayed him.Thabeet would spend most of his time in RGV with Lin.

15. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

The Lakers will probably use between Matt Barnes, Jason Kapono, Blake, and Goudelock as a backup SG. I think if Rockets are trading, they should try to keep all picks as much as possible. Scola, Martin, etc should be offered in return for Pau Gasol. Then flip Pau Gasol during the draft if he doesn't do much for the team.

The Rockets should try to get at least 2 of the Top players in the lottery.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You trade away all three of our amigos? Lowry is hard to find a league, Kemba is Kemba, a scorer.
    You have get an allstar reserve in Granger but lose the only pure PG that we have.
    Can't do.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This. And then I take over clutchfans and ban everyone that doesn't like it.

The only players I would keep are Lowry, Patterson...thats about it. Maybe Morris.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is the GARM in general.... nothing to see here... close it up and spare us all.