1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just think...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeffster, Mar 18, 2007.

1. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

I still think Billy is our future PG instead of JL3. Some of his pass are fantastic, but unfortunately they are miles ahead of what his teammates could imagine, thus the TO problems. If he settles down, be a little bit patient, he is bound to be better than Alston, no to mention JL3.

2. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Actually they did it again but Jake got fouled and drained 2 FT's

3. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

50 pts win in style, but plz dont let down and take next game ez

4. agentkirb

agentkirb Member

Interesting stat, since Yao's return, Houston has been scoring an average of 105 points per game, holding opponents close to normal on defense with 92 pts per game, and in 6 of those games we have reached 30 points in the first quarter. Our offense is on fire, and Yao has something to do with it definately.

5. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

what's the largest margin of victory in nba history?

6. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Certainly....Our shooting percentage from the field is unheard of, and Yao still isn't 100 percent.

If Alston keeps making teams pay for not guarding him on the perimeter, we will be scoring 100 pretty consistantly.

7. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah he made a nice pull up that didn't seem like it was in his arsenal. He made some really nice passes today.

Still too much fouling and definitely needs to settle down a little, but other than that the guy was balling.

It's only one game, and it's a blowout, so nothing to write home about yet, but hopefully it was an indicator he's improving his game.

8. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

The Cleveland Cavaliers' 68-point 148-80 win over the Miami Heat on December 17, 1991 is the biggest win in NBA history.

9. ThreePointShot

Wow, I picked a bad game to miss...
    I was surprised when I saw the box score.
    Go Rockets!

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Then it is time to hang a 70 on someone's neck! ;)

11. Sextuple Double

Nice blowout, pure pwnage, but nothing for me to get my **** hard. Go show from the bench by increasing our lead instead of the debacle last time we played Philly. Not getting hyped up for Vspan playing against the likes of Louis Williams, but good show overall. Now if we did that to Spurs, Suns, or Mavs, I'd have constant orgasms for the next month.

12. MightySparrow

MightySparrow Member

come on guys.
    Jeffy only drank out of three diets to stay awake during tonight's blowout.hes doing a great job!

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

actuallly

the reporter is the one that brought thatup

VG said he doesnt need them as much now.

if you're gonna try to make him look stupid, at least get your facts straight.

14. foo82

foo82 Member

I dont think its how many points we would score. It's how many points we would give up.

15. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

Sextuple...nah, forget it. I almost forgot I ain't got an f-in bad thing to say. You go with your hard **** and your orgasms. Whatever flies your plane, man. Fer shizzle. :cool:

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Spanoulis is a very good shooter inside the arc. He just can't shoot the long ball. He's similar to a rookie Tony Parker. If you set the pick up at the top and let him come off it, he will light a defense up with the short jump shots, the drives to the rim, and the dishes.

17. Northside Moss

Yeah, defenses tend to sag on him and now that we have consistent 3-point shooters, Houston is making them pay. Another thing I noticed is that while Yao gets only about 2-3 asts a game, alot of times, he kicks it out to an open player and then the Rockets perimeter kinda've shifts around and kicks it to each other until they find the best shot. Either way, Yao's making teams pay for the zone or double.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

even if the team had a offensive coach the defense wouldnt be nearly as what it is right now. the way i see the team has a choice of spending energy playing defense or offense, our coach chooses to use the teams energy on defense. personally to me that makes sense. most of these guys if not all know how to play some sort of offense having played high school, college, international ball or from other teams. having offensively gifted players like tracy and yao makes it easier for them on offense. every team will have off shooting nights thats for sure. it just happens. can you have a bad defensive night? no you cant, defense is all energy and effort, if the other team makes a tough shot, you tip your hand and move on, more often than not they'll miss that shot.

personally i dont care for some of jvg rotation's but i must admire that he has changed the team for the better and given it an identity. there is no way this team would have gone 20-12 without yao if we had an offensive minded coach a la don nelson. and maybe its just me as bad as this teams offense can get at time i sit back and admire the effort and applaud the effort on the defensive end.

19. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

VSpan shot 66% from the floor. The rest of the Rockets sucked so bad, they only shot 53%...

20. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

"when i saw the block shot i stand in my feets and i start to pee myself" -- thegame_2234

When I saw this quote in the post i stand in my feets and i start to pee myself!!!

That has got to be one of the funniest things I have ever read on this board. :D