1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just saw Terminator Salvation...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I know I'm late to the game but I just had to make a post about this movie...

IMO, it was pretty good! better than 70% movies out there.

my only complaint is that the last fourth of the movie got cliche... with sam worthington turning against his master and then bale needing a heart.

but the first 3/4 of the movie was pretty awesome.

i can't see why people complain it was just a cg fest.

oh and by the way that sam worthington guy is an AWESOME actor and he has a bright future ahead of him.

that is all.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

oh and it was 99999 times better than friggin Transformers 2.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

How about you DON'T spoil the movie?

If you have the edit ability, I suggest you go back and take that stuff out, or spoiler tag it.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am done with spoiler complaints. From now on its your fault for not seeing the movie. :p

5. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i know its obvious what happens when judgement day passes, but they could have beefed the story line describing the resistance build up and the AI evolution of skynet.

I guess we can't really expect much from mcG who direct charlies angels full throttle.

On a totally unrelated note; AVATAR is my #1 priority for this rest of the year.

I just saw moon. Very good movie. Sam Rockwell is very underrated.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

7. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

or the terminator salvation thread

8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

this :cool:

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Just a few hours ago I sat down with director McG for an exclusive video interview about making “Terminator Salvation”. In the coming days I’ll post our entire conversation, but I wanted to post one of the highlights right now.

That’s because he told me the upcoming “Terminator Salvation” DVD/Blu-ray is going to come with between 30 to 40 minutes of deleted scenes!

Since I have heard many filmmakers tell me crazy numbers like this and then it ends up not being true, I followed up with him about that number. He insisted that we’re going to get at least 30 minutes.

Since I can’t talk about the film due to my embargo, let me just say watching 30 more minutes of Christian Bale fighting Terminators sounds great to me.

Anyway, posted below is about a minute and a half of my interview with McG. If you want to go in spoiler free, I STRONGLY suggest not watching this clip. McG speaks freely about the alternate ending on the DVD and what else to expect. I don’t want to ruin the movie for anyone.

You’ve been warned. But if you don't mind spoilers, I just posted 10 movie clips from "Terminator Salvation", so click here to watch them.

McG talks deleted scenes

· I ask how many minutes of deleted scenes are on the DVD/Blu-ray – he says 30 to 40 minutes!!

· Talks about the deleted scenes – some of John Conner giving speeches, Moon Bloodgood topless, alternate ending

· Says he walks into the frame and shows the storyboards versus the actual frame

· I then ask if this is going to be one of those times where the filmmaker tells me one thing, but the actual DVD will only have a fraction of them. He insists there are 30 minutes of deleted scenes on the DVD

10. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

wtf? please use spoiler tags next time, OP. not cool at all.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I actually liked the movie and of course was way better then T3....Only real complaint is to many loopholes which seems to be the order of the day when it comes to action sequels now a days ala TF2.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Those deleted scenes are nothing new... that news has been out since May.

I always thought the movie would have fared better with the alternate ending. You could see it heading that way, but they just didn't have the guts to follow through with it.

In any case, you could put all the extra scenes into it you want, it's probably not gonna change the fact that the movie has no soul. And more Christian Bale is not a good thing. There should have been far less of him as it is.

I can't sit through all of T3, it's that horrible. But I will say the last 5 minutes of T3 is miles better than ALL of T4.

13. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

This movie has been out for more than 2 months. If you haven't seen it, you probably don't care that much about the movie. Don't get so worked up over spoilers. I haven't seen it and don't care too particularly about the movie, so there :D

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Not everyone can make it to the movies every week, and movies are constantly coming out, especially in summer. Just because someone hasn't seen one doesn't mean they don't want to. In fact, lots of people wait for DVD now because the turnaround is so fast.

If the movie is a couple of years old, then that's a little different. The point is, it's courteous to put
    tags in your post...and it only takes about 3 seconds.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

We need to pay attention to the Terminator movies so we can learn how to defeat the machines... looks like they might be here soon...